Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Weakness and pain in left foot

Posted by Deby on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003340)

I'm looking for some help (which my doctors have not been able to supply), hopefully someone will recognize these symptoms and help me get on a path to recovery! It began with pain in the arch area of my left foot, keeping it wrapped seemed to help (support) then I began having leg cramps in my calf (so badly that I had to jump out of bed in the morning and stand to ease the pain.) About a month ago my left foot started giving way to the inside when I walked resulting in shin splints from the angle my foot hit the ground. I have tried arch support insoles (which help some) ankle supports and etc. One doc thought it might be due to spine problem...and I was diagnosed with advanced arthritus of the spine (I am only 46). A PTherapist stated it was due to wearing heels and the calf muscle had shortened. Now I am unable to lift my left big toe or wiggle it when standing. If I am lying down or have my leg up the toe works (not well but it works). Anybody out there ever experience anything like this.....please help

Re: Weakness and pain in left foot

Susan on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003756)

Have you gone to a neuorologist?