Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Accupuncture

Posted by Denis Lujan on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003363)

I used to be a sports fanatic until diagnosed with
Plantar Fasciitis. I have had two cortizone injections
but they don't seem to work on me. Has anyone tried
Accupuncture to relieve any pain? I am going to start
treatments Monday 1/13/99

Re: Accupuncture

Gina on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003366)

Have had 7 acu treatments so far, but am making slow progress. would say pain is 50% less, but can't seem to move from that figure. Have missed last appointment due to snow; no idea what effect that will have. Good luck with it.

Barbara on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003368)

I too tried acupuncture and found it did not work for me. Had 12 treatments at once a week intervals. There is a woman who visits this site who had a completely successful cure with acupuncture. She has described her treatments elsewhere here and is a strong advocate. I recommend it because it can't hurt and if it works--that would be wonderful. I have had success with acupuncture for other injuries also. Best, Barbara

alex on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003370)

I have been having acupuncture treatments for several weeks. I have experienced significant pain relief.
There are some things to watch out for:
1. All acupuncturists employ different techniques. You should try one for at least six visits - at least twice and preferably three times per week.
2. If, after six visits, there is no significant improvement, try another one. I have used two - one in Atlanta and one in Hong Kong. Totally different approaches, but both with good pain relief (over a period of time)
3. Both the acupuncturists I used also suggested heavy duty vitamins/glucosomine sulfate as dietary supplements.

There is no doubt that acupuncture works for some people. As you will discover on this site, it appears that there is no one magical cure

Good luck

Bea on 1/13/99 at 00:00 (003388)

I have used accupuncture for many things and have had luck with it. I tried it for my foot and it didn't get any better so I stopped not realizing how much worse it could get. Anyway I went back for accupuncture today and am starting a series of treatments. Will let you know what happens.

debbie on 1/15/99 at 00:00 (003468)

Yes, I tried everything and nothing worked until I had acupuncture. I now go to aerobics and so whatever I want to do. I havent't had a treatment in 2 months now and my feet are fine. I had 21 treatments altogether. good luck.