Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

good news about my mothers Ossatron treatment

Posted by Roelinde on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003396)

My mother received the Ossatron treatment in the Netherlands in November. The machine she was treated with was not actually called Ossatron, but Flexatron (if I am correct), but the principle is the same, it generates shock waves. After 5-6 weeks she started to notice improvements. Before the treatment she was basically in a wheelchair almost 100% of her time. Now she is gradually increasing her walking (on custom-made orthopaedic shoes). She feels it is getting better almost on a daily basis! Next Monday (the 18th Jan.) she will get a second treatment, and she hopes this will improve her feet even more. She has experienced no side-effects of the shock wave therapy, apart from pain during the treatment and during the first night afterwards. So, so far it has been very successful for her. I hope that more of you sufferers from PF will get a chance to try this!

Re: good news about my mothers Ossatron treatment

ossatron on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003401)

Great news! Actually she was treated on the Reflectron, a lower powered version of the Ossatron, manufacturered by the same people, HMT. (HealthTronics is the US representative)

John G on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003405)

Roelinde, Why not send your mom to Toronto for her ossatron treatment? It is probably closer and cheaper to get to than the Netherlands, and they operate the more powerful Ossatron there.

Roelinde on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003406)

Hi John,
My mother lives in the Netherlands, so that's why she went there obviously. She received a demonstration treatment, the machine is at this moment being introduced in the Netherlands.

suzi on 1/14/99 at 00:00 (003435)

I am so glad to hear about your mother's success with ossatron, I had the treatment done in Toronto 8 weeks ago and my foot feels much better. My question to you is why is your mother having a second treatment so soon????
thanks,
Suzi

Roelinde on 1/15/99 at 00:00 (003453)

This is what the docter who treated her with the Reflectron suggested, in agreement with the people from HMT. She can feel that there are still some 'hard' or 'sore' spots left in the bottom of her feet, although they are much smaller than before, and we hope that a second treatment will get rid of those, too.