Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Please help my mother

Posted by Elizabeth on 1/15/99 at 00:00 (003486)

My mother has been suffering for over 2 years with this. She does not own a computer and i dont have a printer. please mail her as much info as possible.... Thank you ....in advance...
Mary Panelli
12315 Judson Rd. #314
Live Oak, Texas

Re: Please help my mother

orie on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003584)

Elizabeth: Tell your mother to buy herself a pair of leather shoes with leather soles and leather heels. I had this problem 15 years ago and an orhto surgeon recommended it to me and it worked. He had no answer as to why it works, it just does. The problem re-appeared about 4 weeks ago and I found an old pair of leather shoes and wore them for 3 weeks and the pain has left me again. It takes about one week for the pain to leave and all it will cost your mother is the price of a pair of shoes. Dr. Boswell of the Boswell Clinic in Dallas was the one who helped me with this problem , but he may have retired and closed the Clinic by now. However, EMail me if ther is anything that I can do to help her.

Re: Please help my mother

Sue Mc on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003594)

Hope this helps your Mother some. I have had pf for about 10 years.
I have tried almost everything. Stretching the calf muscle and the tendon on the bottom of the foot helps alot. First:while watching tv
roll a golf ball back & forth over the bottom of the foot. Second:
stretch the muscle in the back of your calf either by standing tip toed on stairs & slowing lowering your heel to the step below & hold for a count of 10 or stand facing a wall, bend knee on one leg & with the other step back & stretch heel & put heel flat on floor. Do these a couple times a day or more.
I also wear birkenstock sandals & inserts that have helped alot.
Also good shoes with support, running shoes, shoes with cork & rubber
as the sole,& no flat shoes.
Sure hope this helps some.
Sue Mc