Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Had PF for 6 months now...I wish I had found this board earlier !

Posted by Ian F on 1/16/99 at 00:00 (003514)

I am not alone! I have had PF for 6 months now and my doctor gave me a single sheet on PF at my consultation told me to put a insert in my shoe and it will get better in a month or so.....that was six months ago

I thought it was just me and I am not one to complain so I have been putting up with it ever since. BTW it has not improved in that time. It would appear from the reading the board that there really is not any magical cure, what works for one doesn't for the other...or is there a recommended standard for assiting us suffers that work in a majority of cases?

Does anyone know if given time PF goes away? How long is a 'typical' bout of this dibilitating condition?

Again I am pleased I have found this board and hope your PF clears soon.

Regards

Ian

Re: Had PF for 6 months now...I wish I had found this board earlier !

J.B. on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005122)

hey try shark cartilage -- I have had heel spurs for about 6 months -- I began taking it 3 days ago -- 3 pills each day and the pain is almost gone -- Hey it is worth a shot isn'nt it.

I read that someone else had done this and her pain went away in three days also and now she takes one pill each day and it has been like a year with no pain -- I thought I would give it a shot and so far so good.

Of course we all know what works for one might not work for another but it is worth a shot. well good luck and I hope you have success.

Bobbie on 1/16/99 at 00:00 (003523)

Sorry to say I have had PF for over 3 years. Still no better and I have tried everything I know of. However, I do not plan on giving up. Some days are pretty bad and the pain kind of takes over. Other days I seem to get by pretty well. I am going in for a nerve conduction test but I don't expect any results from it. I find the doctors have a hard time with this and tend to just pass it off. They might be more understanding if they had to suffer with the pain. I wish you well and welcome to the world of PF sufferers!

Robin on 1/17/99 at 00:00 (003542)

Welcome. Like you, I had PF for months before I found this board. Like you, my Dr. said, 'Oh, it's plantar fasciitis,' prescribed $350 orthotics -- and that was the end of that. One thing you'll discover on this board is that there IS no typical anything. People are different, symptoms are different, remedies are different. Some folks are long-time sufferers, others seem to be 'cured' in a matter of months. Some can't walk to the bathroom; others manage to actually run on pavement. One thing is for sure -- if there is a treatment method out there that MAY work, this is the place you will read about it. More informative than any doctor, more supportive than most friends.

Mary on 1/17/99 at 00:00 (003556)

Did you try acupuncture? No help?

Yoke Kingma on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003585)

I have tried evrything, ice, streching, accupucture,cordosone ect ect nothing helps anybody out there with more ideas please? had pain for 8 months now,finance is becoming 'a problem to, I have also tried different shoes and sandals, please help
!

J.B. on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005122)

hey try shark cartilage -- I have had heel spurs for about 6 months -- I began taking it 3 days ago -- 3 pills each day and the pain is almost gone -- Hey it is worth a shot isn'nt it.

I read that someone else had done this and her pain went away in three days also and now she takes one pill each day and it has been like a year with no pain -- I thought I would give it a shot and so far so good.

Of course we all know what works for one might not work for another but it is worth a shot. well good luck and I hope you have success.