Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ooh the pain!

Posted by Katie on 1/17/99 at 00:00 (003557)

I'm just at the tail end of my plantar fasciitis. It started in earnest last April. I started getting cortisone injections in June through October of 1998. I have a right heel spur, but I have throbbing pain in the ball of my left foot that radiates to my toes. I had been getting the cortisone injections in-between two of my toes on my left foot. I had to give up nursing career because of the foot pain. Tomorrow I'm going out to look for a job in nursing & hope to not end up hobbling home! I still get the throbbing pain in my left ball of my foot-when driving! My foot is completely at rest. What the heck is up with that?

Re: Ooh the pain!

suzi on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003576)

Katie, have the cortisone injections helped at all with the pain in the ball of your foot, or was it a waste of time????

Cara on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003621)

Hi Katie,
I wanted to know what a heel spur feels like.... where it is located... on the bottom of the foot or the back of the heel? When you touch it, does it hurt? I was told that maybe I have a heel spur or a calcium deposit.... Just don't know which or even if either....
Thanks,
Cara. (email removed)

Orie on 1/20/99 at 00:00 (003660)

Katie: Please look at my post of 12/28/98 to help yourself b e cured for the price of a pair of shoes. You can E Mail me if I can help you in any way.