Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf vs cancer

Posted by debbie on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003598)

HI. I am the person who has been cured with acupuncture and is back to aerobics. I am having a biopsy on my lung on Wed because after having pneumonia I still have pain and had to have a cat scan and 3 little lumps are on the linging of my lung. the Dr. says it could be anything but I am scared. I am not going to turn this into a cancer board or anything, but I am asking for prayers that my test is nothing. Thanks for listening. Debbie

Re: pf vs cancer

Sharon H on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003601)

I have prayed for you! Take care and know that Jesus is with you every step of the way.

suzi on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003602)

Debbie, if you can beat PF you can get through anything

! I hope everyhing turns out ok for you! My blessings are with you.

Suzy on 1/18/99 at 00:00 (003603)

We are all praying for you and PLEASE let us know how you are. GOd bless you!

Terry on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003604)

Debbie.... When I read your message, my heart sank. Your messages have been so positive concerning your accupuncture success. You have overcome a tremendous hurdle getting back to a normal way of life without the ever present agony of PF. Many of us envy your success with your treatments. And now this problem rears up
Life has a way of kicking you in the head, doesn't it? But I pray that this is nothing serious and if it is , you will have all of our support and prayers. We'll be thinking of you.

alex on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003607)

Hang in there Debbie - we're all with you. Your optimism about acupuncture really helped me continue. I am very much better after two series of six or seven sessions each, but still have serious stiffness in the mornings and some pain later in the day. However, I have not had the searing pains I used to get before. Right now I'm taking a break from the acupuncture, but continuing the heavy duty vitamins and glucosomine sulfate recommended by my Chinese acupuncturist.
Again - hang in there we will all pull for you in our own ways

Diane F. on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003611)

Good Luck! We are pulling for you.

Sally T. on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003612)

Debbie, I said a prayer for you and will continue to do so. Good luck and keep us posted. We are there for you.

Gina on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003618)

If you can handle the PF, you'll handle whatever else comes your way, I'm sure. The uncertainty that comes with a biopsy (I had a biopsy for a breast lump a few years ago) is the worst part. You are in my thoughts and prayers....and you are welcome to any support I can offer.

DaNita on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003626)

My prayers are with you. Good luck on your test.
Take Care

Robin on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003631)

Like everyone else, my prayers are certainly with you. I hope this is the remnants of pneumonia and with a little more rest and treatment, it will be gone and you will be fine. We'll all be thinking of you on Wedneday, Debbie.

Joyce on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003636)

I just wanted to add to what everyone else has said and that is that you are in my prayers. You have been so positive in every one of your posts about PF and I sincerely have appreciated reading them all. You seem to always have a 'up' attitude, and I know being positive will see you through this Wednesday. Good Luck and I'll be thinking of you this week. Joyce

Scott on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003637)

My father died of lung cancer (he smoked). The 5-year survival rate is about 12%. Make sure they are concerned and do something about how much pain the biopsy will cause (it was very painful at least in my father's case). He said he would rather die than do that again. Apparently they didn't give him enough pain killer.

Quote from a book:
'The only really curative treatment [for lung cancer] is early and adequate surgery.'

My impression is that radiation and chemo does more harm than good in 90% of the cases. When the oncologist says 'This chemo [or radiation] has a 75% response rate' he means the tumor shrinks in 75% of the cases. It does not mean health will improve or lifespan is increased. The damaging effect of radiation and chemo in most adult cancers cancels the beneficial effects. 'Experimental' chemo drugs are just used to get more research money. They do not provide any benefit, and have not been able to do so for the past 40 years. The lifespan of over 90% of cancer patients has not improved one bit since the advent of chemo and radiation. Question your doctors carefully. 4 studies show 10 grams a day of vitamin C more than doubles the life span of cancer patients. Oncologists ignore this information. There is no study that shows otherwise. Other supplements help. I recommend sending an email to (email removed) to get more info on which supplements.

Megan on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003643)

Debbie--my thoughts and prayers are with you today, tomorrow and for as long as you need them. It will be fine. Let us know as soon as you know.

Rev. Milton O. Bradford on 1/21/99 at 00:00 (003688)

Someone once said to me and I hope to encourage you, with this thought:

Never pay the interest on trouble before it is due
Pray give us this day our daily bread and focus on Him who provides.
Draw from the blessings and the strengths of each day and when trouble comes than overcome it by looking to the One who has made us more than conquerors through Jesus Christ.

Susan on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003754)

Okay, Debbie, I obviously need to learn how to read these boards. Actually, what you describe sounds very hopeful. There must be a connection with your condition and the peumonia. This doesn't necessarily mean cancer although that conclusion seems natural. I have a client who has been dealing with his cancer for 5 years. He's a physician and keeps going strong. He puts himself outside his illness and doesn't seem overly involved. Which all makes me feel guilty since my PF has made me overly involved with my feet. I'm developing a weird foot fetish with no thrills. You sound like the type of person who can look outside herself, give and ask for support. Let us know.