Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ecco shoes?

Posted by Jude on 1/19/99 at 00:00 (003619)

Yesterday we went shoe shopping for me and my husband ended up buying a pair of Eccos.They have a shock absorber in the heel and the pair I tried on felt like an old pair of comfortable slippers. I hesitated to buy them because they felt so gentle, I wasn't sure they could give me the solid support I have grown accustomed to with orthotics and walking shoes.My orthos slipped in easily, so I guess I am looking for anybody who has tried them before I purchase them They are handmade and his are made out of water buffalo hide,they run between $90 and $160 depending on the style.They are so very tempting.Isn't it sad that we are leery when our feet feel good?

Re: Ecco shoes?

Bobbie on 1/21/99 at 00:00 (003711)

I have a pair and I really like them. The nice part is that you can take out the insert and put your supports in under them if you think you need more support. They are comfortable and do give you good support with some cush. I haven't found any shoe that will take away the pain but I think the Ecco's are worth a shot. They also have a web site to help you find a store near where you live and to view some of the styles.

Sue on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003813)

I was shopping in a store that carries Mephisto and Ecco. I told the salesperson I was concerned that the Mephistos felt too firm. He said
the SAS and the Ecco were so much softer and more flexible that they
were not as well suited for PF sufferers.

Dayna on 1/25/99 at 00:00 (003854)

I have both Ecco and SAS shoes on the recommendation of both my podiatrist and a professional shoe fitter who works with people with PF as his main business. I have found them both to be excellent, except that I have trouble keeping my inserts far enough back. In fairness, I have this trouble with nearly all shoes, some people have recommended velcro or double stick tape to keep inserts from travelling. If Mephisto feels too stiff for you, pay attention to your feet and get a pair of SAS.