Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FINN COMFORT SHOES/WHICH ORTHOTICS?

Posted by SKY on 1/21/99 at 00:00 (003687)

Has anyone tried Finn Comfort shoes (made in Germany, and quite expensive)? I might consider buying a pair if I thought they would help. They seemed comfortable when I tried them on.

My PF is long term (3-4 years). Have tried everything, physical therapy, orthotics, injections. Only thing that has worked is to quit my job; I was on my feet all day with only one break. I also quit walking for exercise. If I stay off my feet, they get better, but if I do any extended standing or walking, the pain flares up again and I can hardly walk when I first stand up. QUESTION: What are the best types of orthotics to have made? I have had several types.

Re: FINN COMFORT SHOES/WHICH ORTHOTICS?

Janine on 1/21/99 at 00:00 (003691)

I think in order to best answer your question, you need to be a little more specific of the styles of orthotics you have tried in the past. Our lab makes many different types of orthotics for PF sufferers, usually depending on the physician's preference. Can you describe the ones you currently have, and what results you have experienced with them? Individuals vary according to which is best for them - what works for some may be completely intolerable for others.