Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Article on web with good exercises and ideas

Posted by Susan on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003758)

Try http://www.rrca.org/publicat/plantar.html

Re: Article on web with good exercises and ideas

Sue on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003773)

I tried the listed address and was unable to get that site.

Sally T. on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003774)

Sue, please try again. I just went to the site. It has plenty of good advise.

Sue on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003776)

I'm not able to access the exercise site either-I'll keep trying.
Any other ideas? Thanx! Melody

Melody on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003777)

I typed Sue instead of Melody on my last entry--sorry! I am looking for the exercise website! Many thanks! Melody

Robin on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003781)

I found this site with no trouble. But, I would like to caution people about the kind of vigorous stretching that this author suggests unless they are sure that stretching definitely improves how their feet feel throughout the day.

There ARE people with PF who are harmed by vigorous stretching. I am one of them, and numerous others have posted on the board. Like everything else, it is individual. If I ever tried some of the achilles tendon and foot stretching this author proposes, I wouldn't walk for days. I think her ideas may be helpful for people who have already seen improvement from moderate stretching.

Susan on 1/24/99 at 00:00 (003850)

If some of you can't find the article let me know at (email removed) and I'll try to down load and save it off the internet. I also have a copy so I can just fax it to you if you send me a #. Also check out Barbara's posting on January 4, 1999. She gives some exercises there that seem to help. Another dr. on the internet suggested that I find a chropractor who can do both deep tissue massage and foot manipulations up to the knee joint.