Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FlatFoot Inserts

Posted by Ben on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003764)

I have tried all types of orthotics and own Clark's shoes, Birkenstock sandals etc. I am about to purchase Mephisto shoes as well as Birkenstock inserts.I just saw the reference to FlatFeet insoles from Ohio.I am game for anything that may provide relief but would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had success from them before ordering them.
Thanks.

Re: FlatFoot Inserts

Bea on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003768)

It is a very subjective thing. I have had hard orthotics for 11 years and they help a lot, I also have flat feet. My current problem is with calcium deposits but I still find relief from the orthotics. Everyone is different so I would be hesitant to buy something before trying it on.

Kathy on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003796)

What kind of orthos do you wear and how often do you have to replace them?

Bea on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003806)

I have custom hard plastic thqat I have had for 11 years.

Dayna on 1/25/99 at 00:00 (003855)

I also have flat feet (just call me flipper foot) with no arch and custom hard plastic orthotics. I've had mine for 1 1/2 years, how often do you have to have them 'refirbished?'? Mine have cushy foam from the end of the hard plastic to the end of the leather, it slopes down to nothing to provide a smooth transition. The foam is pretty much worn off (it only lasted a few months) and I'm concerned that might be changing the fit, as I have been experiencing flare-ups recently in the foot that never had problems before. I'm never without them unless I'm in the shower, so sending them somewhere for a week or two is not an option. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Shaira on 1/25/99 at 00:00 (003866)

I think the Flat Foot Inserts really work. I tried orthotics but I think they're too hard. You can get them on e at flatfoot.com or by calling 1-888-flt-foot. Good luck everyone.