Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock blue inserts???

Posted by suzi on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003790)

I got my birkenstock inserts today and they are only 3/4 length. I was under the assumption that they were full length similar to the inside of the shoes. Does anyone have full length birk. inserts or does this not exist???

Re: Birkenstock blue inserts???

Sue on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003794)

I was fitted with the $50 cork Birk inserts yesterday and they are 3/4 sole. I am concerned with what shoe to put them in.

Bobbie on 1/23/99 at 00:00 (003810)

I have the blue inserts and use them in my shoes but I have found that they work very well by taking out the inserts in my shoes, placing the blue inserts in, and then putting the shoe inserts on top.
I wear Ecco and Munro shoes and both of these brands have inserts that you can take out similar to many athletic shoes. I work in an office so I try to find supportive shoes that look presentable and still give me the support I need. Anyway, if you have some shoes around that have removable inserts, give it a try.

Annette on 1/24/99 at 00:00 (003824)

I have had the blue Birk 3/4 inserts for a couple of weeks. At first they drove me crazy but now I am getting used to them and they seem to help some. I called Tony Grady at shoetree.com and they told me it could take 3-4 weeks to get some pain relief. Since I have had some already I think they are pretty good. I can put them in most shoes athletic, loafers etc. If these work well I may try Birk sandals next. By buying them from shoetree.com in Canada I got a good price because of the exchange rate. They took about a week to get to me in Wisconsin. The people there are vey helpful.

Bobbie on 1/25/99 at 00:00 (003882)

I put the inserts under the insoles. This gives added cush and extra support. However, it depends on the shoe. Some shoes do not have removable insoles. One of the things I like about the Birk Arch Supports is that they fit into most shoes either on top or under the inserts. You just have to experiment with the shoes you are wearing.