Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Magnetic Insoles

Posted by Paul on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004026)

Has anybody tried magnetic insoles yet?

Re: Magnetic Insoles

Melody on 2/27/99 at 00:00 (005116)

Michelle-Where can one find magnetic insoles? Did you notice a difference right away?Thanks for the info! Good Luck to you!

Michelle on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005123)

I found my insoles at Kohls Department Store. The insoles are by HomeMedics. They really seem to help when I have been on my feet a lot. My right foot is almost pain free. I am begining to lose hope for the left foot. Just check the shoe & department stores in your area or log on to http://www.feelgoodcatalog.com . They have really great products. There you can type in Plantar Fascitis and it will recommend products. Good Luck.

Melody on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005139)

Michelle-What state is Kohls Dept Store located? I've not heard of it before...I wrote down the info & I will check
out that web site....thanks so much!

Judi on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005140)

I tried the magnetic insoles for about 3 weeks. I found them to be very uncomfortable. I told the doctor I was doing this. he said it was mind over matter. The most relief I have received from this wretched pain in my left foot was wearing an elastic made sock that I found in a catalog called 'Health Corner'. It just relieves the pain it does not mak it go away

Rosalind on 3/01/99 at 00:00 (005158)

I just got some magnetic insoles and found them uncomfortable after about an hour. So, I am now wearing them to bed instead. I put one inside my night splint and the other inside a large sock. Also, I put on cotton socks between the magnetic insoles and my feet. All together, I have 2 socks on one foot and a sock and a splint on the other foot. We'll see if it's worth it.

Jude on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004035)

Hi Paul,I have tried them and found no great relief. My chiropractor says magnets work in about one out of six people.I was allowed to try them for free on a trial basis,so perhaps you could find a dealer (Nikon) that would allow you the same.Try them,maybe your lucky # is 6.:-)

Re: Magnetic Insoles, No Help

John on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004040)

Paul, I tried them. No help at all.

eta on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004093)

I heard a study on tv about how these magnetic insoles. Said they were scientifically sound. Then I heard a radio broadcast by Paul Harvey about how they used these on a horse that was lame. In a week he was walking again, and after a month jumping. I have been taping a kitchen magnet to my sorest spot every nite. Only two nites so far. But I'm gonna keep on, What can it hurt?
best to ya
elaine

eta on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004094)

I heard a report on tv the other day that stated a scientific study was done and that magnets used in treating joint injuries was scientifically valid. Then two days later I heard on Paul Harvey how very strong magnets were used in a lame horse. In a week he was walking again.. and in a month jumping. After that, I am now using a magnet from the fridge on my 'sorest spot' Only my third nite tonite. But what can it hurt. I tape it the spot while I sleep.
good luck
elaine

Janet on 1/29/99 at 00:00 (004106)

I've been sleeping with magnetic insoles in my night splints for 3 months. My pain has decresed by approx 30% during this time. However, I don't know if the improvement is from the splints, magnets, or other treatments I'm receiving. As far as I'm concerned, magnets can't hurt. Go for it.

Pinkee on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004170)

For the 1st couple of months, magnetic insoles worked great for me. It was like being on aspirin. But then they did absolutely nothing. I think this is because the magnets mix up the electrical pain messages sent to your brain. But after a while, you mind decodes the mixed up message. I hope this makes sense to you. I'm really glad I got the magnets when I did, because I went on an african safari. Foot pain would've really ruined my trip otherwise. It's my experience that the magnets are just a temporary fix.

Mary on 1/31/99 at 00:00 (004262)

I use them in my shoes along with an insert. They really bothered me at first, I think because my feet were so tender, so I would wear them at night. They no longer bother me so i can wear them all day. I don't know if it has helped or not. My sister who does not have PF uses them all the time and loves them.
As a side not there was an article in the Sunday paper today about them. It said that 'experts suggest consumers buy magnests with a Gauss (measurment of strength) of at least 500. Most refrigerator magnets have only 19 Gauss.'

Sarah on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004313)

Where can you find magnetic insoles?

Melody on 2/27/99 at 00:00 (005116)

Michelle-Where can one find magnetic insoles? Did you notice a difference right away?Thanks for the info! Good Luck to you!

Michelle on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005123)

I found my insoles at Kohls Department Store. The insoles are by HomeMedics. They really seem to help when I have been on my feet a lot. My right foot is almost pain free. I am begining to lose hope for the left foot. Just check the shoe & department stores in your area or log on to http://www.feelgoodcatalog.com . They have really great products. There you can type in Plantar Fascitis and it will recommend products. Good Luck.

Melody on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005139)

Michelle-What state is Kohls Dept Store located? I've not heard of it before...I wrote down the info & I will check
out that web site....thanks so much!

Judi on 2/28/99 at 00:00 (005140)

I tried the magnetic insoles for about 3 weeks. I found them to be very uncomfortable. I told the doctor I was doing this. he said it was mind over matter. The most relief I have received from this wretched pain in my left foot was wearing an elastic made sock that I found in a catalog called 'Health Corner'. It just relieves the pain it does not mak it go away

Rosalind on 3/01/99 at 00:00 (005158)

I just got some magnetic insoles and found them uncomfortable after about an hour. So, I am now wearing them to bed instead. I put one inside my night splint and the other inside a large sock. Also, I put on cotton socks between the magnetic insoles and my feet. All together, I have 2 socks on one foot and a sock and a splint on the other foot. We'll see if it's worth it.