Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heelspurs SUCK HELP

Posted by Jimmy on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004029)

I have just been diagnosed with heelspurs. Had an xray give me the final word. I am 35 male living in New York City. I have lost approximately 140 lbs over the last 3 years and have another 75 to go. I need help with approaches to relieving the pain. I have Tulis cups on now. They were OK for a while. Not anymore. Now I put a half inch pile of paper under the cup. I'm getting frustrated and depressed. Can anyone tell me about thing such as the Birkenstock shoes, Whateve the name of that night sock is, using a rolling pin, icing, ect. I am in deperate need of help and am reaching out to all.

PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Re: Heelspurs SUCK HELP

Jude on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004034)

They sure do,Jimmy.You will find much support here,check it daily we are all in this with you.I use the Strassberg Sock, which I found at strassberg.com and feel they have helped immensely.They keep your toes gently pulled back away from level, and it really eases the morning pain for me.There is some discussion about achilles tendon damage with it, but I have found it doesn't need to be a really tight stretch to work.I also use a frozen coke bottle to roll my burning,aching feet at night.Glucosamine seems to help also,but you need to build it up in your system, it is not an instant relief.The discussion is also with or without chondritin or sulfate.I take it with chond. and it seems to be helping me. Keep reading and gathering information, there is much relief in these messages.Both physical and emotional.

Randy on 1/28/99 at 00:00 (004060)

Go for the Birkenstocks if you can afford it! They are a savior for me. At least I can walk, bike and do eliptical aerobic machines.!

Pinkee on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004169)

Call 1-800-birks-4-u. make sure you get the right size. Congratulations on the weight loss.