Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fascitis since 4-98 HELP

Posted by Lisa on 1/29/99 at 00:00 (004151)

I have been plagued with this awful pain for 9 months and I think I'm going to go insane most days with the pain. I can't walk in the morning and when I first get out of bed I just about fall over.
Anyone have any ideas on what I should do. My doctor recommended me to have a cortisone injection.
HELP

Re: Plantar Fascitis since 4-98 HELP

Bobbie on 1/29/99 at 00:00 (004153)

First thing to do is read all the messages on this board. I have to tell you that I have had four cortisone treatments, the first two helped but the last two did absolutely nothing. There are a lot of side effects to consider not to mention the pain of the shot in the bottom of your foot. BEWARE!

Sorry, but I have had this PF for over three years and I am no better now than three years ago. Keep in touch with this message board because at least you have people who understand your pain. Good luck to you in your endeavors for pain free feet.

Pinkee on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004167)

That's exactly how I felt. I would literally have to crawl to the toilet in the morning, because the foot pain was especially bad then. Getting Birkenstock shoes were uncomfortable at 1st, but now they have changed my life. I know what you are going through. Please don't hesitate to try the Birks. Give them a month.

Lisa on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004191)

Thanks for your advice, I will consider the shoes.

Lisa on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004192)

Thanks for your advice on the cortisone injections. I am kinda weary about getting one in my heel. OUCH
! I can't imagine living with this kind of pain for 3 years. Good luck to you too!

Melanie on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004195)

Hi! I was recently diagnosed with PF and I have found that Birkenstocks are the best! They were a little uncomfortable to me at first because I was used to wearing nice comfy squishy shoes (that killed my feet), but now, I live in them. Every waking hour of my day I am in my birks.

As far as the cortisone, I would stay away
Well, I would stay away #1 because I hate needles. But, I have also read that the cortisone shot hurts more than the PF and that the relief isn't very long lasting (if it helps at all). Read back into the previous messages. I don't know if you have been stretching, icing, or heating, but there are a lot of great suggestions on what to try :) Good luck... Come back often.

lucy on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004227)

do they come other than sandals, the only ad i saw they weren't very pretty looking, but i guess it must still be worth it, i been down that road, crawling in the morning.