Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

aggravated after surgery

Posted by roger mcghee on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004207)

hello,i had an EPF on 12/28/99 and have really seen little if maybe even worse heel pain.i am a mail carrier and have exhausted my sick leave because my foot doctor will not say it probaly was work related.judging by my research it seems like this was more than likely the reason.is there doctors out there that will go to bat for you in case i need more time or (surgery)? PLEASE RESPOND! THANK YOU

Re: aggravated after surgery

Phil A. on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004213)

For a post-surgery person you seem like one of the LUCKY ones - you state your pain is 'maybe even worse' than before surgery. I hope you feel better soon --- but you should also be alittle more realistic.... You only had the surgery 12-28-98. Many people who post to this heelspurs site, after surgery, are complaining of some really severe pain even several months after.

Still can't figure out why anyone has surgery if they have read ALL the entries in this site. NO ONE has stated they have been CURED from surgery = PAIN FREE! Most lamment they are in more pain than before, have nerve damage, scar tissue pain, trapped nerves, etc, etc,. With all these warnings from other PF sufferers - nobody needs to be surprised when surgery makes things worse instead of better.

Gina on 1/30/99 at 00:00 (004224)

Phil--I don't think you have much appreciation for what ongoing pain can motivate a person to think about and/or do,including surgery. I'm sure most people choosing surgery are desperate; I certainly know the feeling and know that the surgery option can work for some people. Perhaps they are fortunate enough to be able to get on with their lives, rather than posting.

roger on 1/31/99 at 00:00 (004263)

alot of people have had instant pain relief from surgery.i had surgery hoping that my foot would be better for my career to continue.their are successful surgerys!

janet on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004309)

Ditto, Gina. Hang in there Roger, maybe you just need a little more time.