Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf

Posted by barbara on 1/31/99 at 00:00 (004235)

has anyone heard about the use of magnets in treating pf??? if so I would like to know if it worked for you.

Re: pf

Bea on 1/31/99 at 00:00 (004242)

I have used magnets and they helped a bit initially but then nothing, however I read an article today that says you should use Magnets with a Gauss(measurement of strength) of at least 500.(Refreigerator magnets have only 10Gauss) so be sure and get strong ones. I am going to get some & I'll let you know.

eta on 1/31/99 at 00:00 (004257)

thanks for the info. I have been taping the magnets from my fridge after hearing two scientific studies that state that magnets are very effective in treating chronic pain. I am gonna give up the refrigerator magnets after reading this. I kinda figured they were too week to help but i figured it couldn't hurt. OH WELL :)

elaine

barbara on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004267)

Thanks for the imput. I am going to a meeting on Monday Feb 1. A nurse who endorses this type of therapy is speaking. I will,let you know if there is any good info.

Lyndel on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004286)

Barbara,

My mother has been hounding me to get them. Her friend who is a big skeptic is using them and said they have cured her foot problems. Being a electronic technician, I'm skeptical but willing to try anything once if would help so I'd say try them if you dont mind shelling out the money... I'm still waiting to hear more before I let go of my hard earned dollars. :~)

Lyndel

debbie on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004336)

I had someone from a co. come to my house and I tried the strong magnets for a week and could see no difference. Of course they said it would take a lot longer before I would see a differecne. I didn't buy them. Went to acupuncture instead. Iam cured. Debbie

BJ on 2/04/99 at 00:00 (004467)

how many acupuncture treatments did it take. I'm desperate.
Thanks for sharing.