Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HEELSPURS

Posted by Peter R on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004268)

For what it worth:
I suffered with heel spurs, a very painfull complaint I must admit,especially when over weight however not wanting the operation and not willing to lose too much weight. My GP suggested that I change the style of my shoes to: Dunlop's K T WALKERS you can get them in about four colours. about $60 I dreaded the thought I did not like the style at all, the doctor insisted that they will do the trick he states when he goes home that is all he wears around the house and in the garden.

This was five years ago, By george he was right, No more Spurs or heel problems seven or eight pairs of KT WALKERS'S later, not very stylish, feet might smell a little, but you can't get them of me, improvements from the first pair on.

The story you have just read is true, I know because im now a walker

regards

PS 10 out of 10 for the doctor for his simple but affective remedy

Re: HEELSPURS

Janet (Blueheeljl@aol.com) on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004287)

Peter, where in the world did you get your Dunlop Walker's? What state are you in? I am in SC and have been looking forever for some really comfy shoes; I am to the point now that I don't care what my feet look like, just to have them be pain-free again

Thanks.

Sarah on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004301)

Where can you find KT Walkers?

RHONDA on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004359)

I am from Queensland Australia and I have this Planter Fasciitis
and last week I had the cortisone injection in my left heel and I felt really terrific until today and the pain is back worse than ever. My problem is that I own a Dairy and work on concrete a lot of the time in gumboots. Are you able to tell me where I can get hold of the dunlop K T walkers

Yours Truly Rhonda

Robin Page on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004373)

I have had surgery on my heel spurs, as the last resort and it worked beautifully. No pain. Nothing. I went back to work in 8 weeks. I recommend it if nothing else works. I have had cortizone shots (8)
and lasted a total of 1 week. Tried Shoe implants, nothing. I've had both feet done within a 4 month period and i am pain free.

Robin Page on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004374)

I have had surgery on my heel spurs, as the last resort and it worked beautifully. No pain. Nothing. I went back to work in 8 weeks. I recommend it if nothing else works. I have had cortizone shots (8)
and lasted a total of 1 week. Tried Shoe implants, nothing. I've had both feet done within a 4 month period and i am pain free.My surgeon explained what he had done and to my amazement, the spurs were left, and the inflamed tissue was removed. Thats it.

Lyndel on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004406)

Janet,

Looks like he is from Australia. I searched around the web for Dunlop Walkers and found a site in Australia. My son lives there, gonna have to have him pick me up a pair. With the 60 some percent exchange rate, they should be pretty cheap!

Check this web site out:

http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/E/V/MELBO/0074/56/40/4.html

It's the only one I could find so sounds like they are rare!

Lyndel on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004407)

Looks like he is from Australia. I searched around the web for Dunlop Walkers and found a site in Australia. My son lives there, gonna have to have him pick me up a pair. With the 60 some percent exchange rate, they should be pretty cheap!

Check this web site out:

Lyndel on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004408)

Looks like you are closer than we are here in the states!

Check this web site out: