Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feeling Better

Posted by Chris on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004341)

I had my second cortisone shot two weeks ago and the following seven, eight days I had more pain than ever. My left foot even began hurting because of my limping. After spending all week-end reading this post and staying off my foot, I have decided that rest, ice, maybe inflamatories (although I'm not sure that they are helping) are what it is going to take. I also bought a pair of Birks. They are feeling pretty good. I'm not even sure if my custom orthotics have helped. It seems the more I go to the podiatrist, the worse my pain is. I have really needed the support the messages have given. Thanks to everyone out there. AND I will never take a chance on surgery

Re: Feeling Better

Chris on 2/01/99 at 00:00 (004342)

I forgot to mention that I am wearing the night splint. I do struggle a bit with it, but the relief of pain the following morning is worth it. I will continue with it! I do still have some pain all day however.

Re: Feeling Better

BARBARA on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004391)

HI CHRIS - I JUST HAD MY FIRST SHOT OF CORTISONE THIS AFTERNOON, I WAS SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOUR SHOTS DO NOT SEEM TO BE HELPING. I AM INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT ABOUT THE USE OF MAGNETS , FOOT TYPE YOU USE AS INSERTS, MY DR DOESN'T THINK MUCH OF THEM. I GAVE IN AND HAD THE SHOT BECAUSE I HAVE HAD THIS CONDITION SINCE SEPT. I AM ICING RIGHT NOW, HOPE I DON'T HAVE THE PAIN YOU DID, AS I AM A BANK TELLER AND STAND ON MY FEET ALL DAY LONG.

!