Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recovering from Surgery

Posted by John Hubbard on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004371)

Well, 2 years of suffering is long enough. 4 weeks ago I had surgery and am anxiously awaiting to see if I'm one of the 70% that has success. So far---so good.

Re: Recovering from Surgery

Kathy on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004379)

Which surgery did you have, the EPF or the older style? I am planning to have the older style in May. Keep us posted on your progress!

Re: Recovering from Surgery......what type?

Patti on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004386)

John-

Hi, I was wondering what procedure you had done? Did you have both feet done? I had a endoscopic fasciotomy on 1/22/99 on my right foot. Planning to have the left foot done in a few more weeks. I am up and doing pretty good. I will be getting my stiches out this thursday. Do you still experience some stiffness in the morning? Alot of people who post here are anti-surgery. Any info from someone post-surgery will be gladly welcome from me. Wishing you well.

--Patti

Patti on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004387)

Kathy

Where will the inscision be made on the side of your heel or on the bottom?

---Patti

John Hubbard on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004392)

I had the older style surgery on my left foot. The doctor I used only does this type of oper. The incision in between the arch and the heel, right on the bottom and is approx 1'long. So far I am pleased with the results in that I can put almost all of my weight on it. I am still required to use crutches and I assume will for another week or two. For the first two weeks I was using a walker that really helped more so than crutches. Each week I am supposed to put 15% weight on the foot. The fourth week - 60% etc. There was minimal swelling and bruising. I am still off work and will be for another 2-3 weeks. I no longer get the constant throbing/aching I was plaqued with for so long. If anyone needs more info - advise.

Kathy on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004396)

Patti,

Kathy on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004397)

Patti,
The incision is going to be made on the side of my left heel. It will be about 2' long to allow the surgeon to cut the ligament and remove the bone. Recovery will take appox. 3 months. Did you have surgery yet?

Re: Recovering from Surgery----reply to Kathy

Patti on 2/02/99 at 00:00 (004402)

Kathy

Yes I did have surgery on 1/22/99. I had endoscopic though, 2 very small incisions on each side of my heel.

Patti

Re: Recovering from Surgery----reply to Patti

Kathy on 2/03/99 at 00:00 (004447)

Patti,
How are you after your surgery? Did you lose any time at work?