Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

N'ice Stretch

Posted by John on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004497)

My Doctor just had me the N'ice Stretch (It is a night splint). I used the inc for 20 minutes as directed and kept my foot in the supported for an additonal 20 minutes. The pain went away for a while. I then used it all night and did not have much pain in the morning. I am going to use it on one foot for a week at night then the other foot for the next week. I will use it after a days work to ice each foot.

I do not know what will happen but I am going to give it a try.

My history with PF has been cronic since 1996. Both feet, oh well. The Doctor say no way to a surgical operation, which is fine by me.

I will update the progress in a week on my foot with the N'ice Stretch.

I have to go to work now so I'll check on any replies in about 10 hrs.

John

Re: N'ice Stretch

BarbJ on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004501)

Hi John. Your N'ice Stretch sounds interesting. Do you have or can your doc give you any info on where it might be purchased? I am looking for an easier way to ice my feet and this sounds good. Thanks much, BarbJ

Becky on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004517)

IF you are at hrbs4you, your wife e-mailed me, please let me know of your progress and also where I can try this. I got the night splint from feel good and I think it did more harm that good although the idea was good. I jsut have to sleep on my stomach and it made the splint funny on my arch.

Becky

Susie on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004523)

John,
I have had pf for 10 years and never tried night splints. I just
have some discomfort in the morning, but the pain I feel after a day of work is alot worse. Would the night splints work just for morning pain or other? I sleep on my back so I probably wouldn't be to uncomfortable. Thanks
Susie

John on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004529)

I used the splint with ice on my left foot only when I got home from work. I was starting to get more pain after a days work so I sat down and ice'd one foot (could not do both-KIDS) and after 20 minutes of ice it fells alot better. I also sleep on my back most of the time and the night splint was not to bad. I am hesitant about will iy do the job or not but it does make it alot easier t one foot at a time. I am hoping for a recovery and healing of the PF. The spint help for early morning pain and if I can sit down and use it after work with ice I think it could help alot.

John on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004530)

Here is the info from the product sheet.

Brown Medical Industries
http://www.brownmed.com
(email removed)
800-843-4395

Yes the N'ice Strecth does make it alot easier to ice my foot. I put the ice pack in the freezer and then place it into the splint and sit down for 20 minutes. I used it today after work and it felt great and reduce the pain. I am hoping that it will allow the PF to heal so I can make a recovery but we will see if it works. Atleast the ice does help. I don't know what the cost is for the splint but I think it could be expensive, I don't get a kick back for using it, ALL I want is it to work.

John

John on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004531)

The ability to ice with the splint is 'nice'. Look at my two responses as I gave the info on the company. Just in case here ids the web site:

http://www.brownmed.com
(email removed)
800-843-4395