Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Here, here, Fred

Posted by Sandy in Utah on 2/05/99 at 00:00 (004536)

I was not afraid to have pf surgery because nothing was improving and I had nothing to loose. I had been plagued by pf for 4 years and would literally be in tears by days end. I have had excellent results with the surgery and frankly am glad that I didn't find this sight until after my surgery as there are lots of people that are still suffering. This answer too is not for everyone, but I am a success story and highly encourage surgery if all options have been exhausted. It's ridiculous to continue to be miserable when there are options that do have a highly successful rate of improvement. This will be rebuttled but if you can't walk, and have insurance, you have nothing to loose but recovery time. Consider it. I will keep posting, as I want others to know that surgery is a positive option and attitude can indeed make a difference on recovery. I have fought a good battle for 4 years and hats off to my physical therepist, podiatrist and husband for the encouragement to 'go for it'!

Re: Here, here, Fred

MiMi on 2/06/99 at 00:00 (004580)

I'm with you on the surgery. I feel so much better now that I would have the surgery again tomorrow if I had to make the decision again. Most people who sign on here are against surgery, but for me nothing else worked. I am now able to walk around again on weekends shopping and doing the things I like with minimal pain and sometimes no pain at all.

Re: Here, here, Fred to MiMi

Sandy on 2/08/99 at 00:00 (004622)

Yeah MiMi for sharing your success
More people on this board need to know that surgery is successful and that the pain does not need to ruin their lives
I'm delighted that you feel good and are happy with your surgery results
Keep posting! Sometimes I feel like I am the only on for surgery!

Re: Here, here, Fred

Hal on 2/08/99 at 00:00 (004636)

Sandy...what was the recovery time? Was the surgery arthoscopic?