Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Easy Spirits

Posted by Diane on 2/15/99 at 00:00 (004835)

I was wearing Easy Spirits when my PF developed. At the time, I was working in a major department store. One of the associates in the store said many people who wear Easy Spirits develop foot problems. I was told their shoes are too flat and don't provide the support you need. I don't know how true that is, but I know I was wearing them at the time and had been wearing them almost exclusively for a couple of years.

Re: Easy Spirits

BarbJ on 2/17/99 at 00:00 (004896)

I always wore Easy Spirits because they came in a wide size and seemed to accommodate my foot better than most shoes. I have also been told they aren't the best shoes for PF because they are too flexible. I recently bought a pair of Brooks DRP-70 sport shoes. They are a very deep shoe and accommodate my orthotics better than any other shoe I have tried. They are also wide enough (plenty room in the toe box)and are rigid in that they can't be 'twisted' from side to side which I have been told is important also. Hope this helps somebody. Best, BarbJ

Sandy in Ohi on 2/17/99 at 00:00 (004908)

I have worn Easy Spirits for years. I was just in a store which

Sandy in Ohio on 2/17/99 at 00:00 (004909)

Opps! Messed up a message there! As I was saying, I was just in a store over the weekend which specializes in Easy Spirits. According to some people in this store, Easy Spirits is also owned by Nine West, which has closed some stores. The quality is not as good as it used to be. I can honestly say I notice the difference. Now I'm beginning to wonder if that contributed to my PF...

MiMi on 2/16/99 at 00:00 (004851)

I've been wearing Easy Spirits for at least 9 years. When my PF developed two years ago, I had been in the middle of packing and moving to a new home and was constantly on my feet wearing my ES flats. I am certain that this contributed to my PF.

Dayna on 2/16/99 at 00:00 (004866)

Easy Spirit is what I wear nearly all the time since they have a good lace-up flat shoe that doesn't look too orthopedic. I got my PF from too many years of high heels combined with a foot structure that made it almost a foregone conclusion I would get PF, didn't find that out until after I got PF. They're the best I've found for keeping my orthotic in place, the bad part is the sole is glued rather than stitched, so I keep having to have it re-glued.

Mary Ann on 2/16/99 at 00:00 (004871)

I have worn easy spirit Mach I for years as working as a nurse. I still wear them. My PF started when I began walking and not wearing a good shoe.

BarbJ on 2/17/99 at 00:00 (004896)

I always wore Easy Spirits because they came in a wide size and seemed to accommodate my foot better than most shoes. I have also been told they aren't the best shoes for PF because they are too flexible. I recently bought a pair of Brooks DRP-70 sport shoes. They are a very deep shoe and accommodate my orthotics better than any other shoe I have tried. They are also wide enough (plenty room in the toe box)and are rigid in that they can't be 'twisted' from side to side which I have been told is important also. Hope this helps somebody. Best, BarbJ

Sandy in Ohi on 2/17/99 at 00:00 (004908)

I have worn Easy Spirits for years. I was just in a store which

Sandy in Ohio on 2/17/99 at 00:00 (004909)

Opps! Messed up a message there! As I was saying, I was just in a store over the weekend which specializes in Easy Spirits. According to some people in this store, Easy Spirits is also owned by Nine West, which has closed some stores. The quality is not as good as it used to be. I can honestly say I notice the difference. Now I'm beginning to wonder if that contributed to my PF...