Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Inflamed Bursa

Posted by Sue on 2/16/99 at 00:00 (004854)

The podiatrist indicated I had an inflamed bursa on the heel of my foot due to a thin heel pad. He gave me spongy heel pads to soften the impact of walking. He wasn't very keen on Birkenstocks at this time. Does anyone have heel pain due to thin heel pads? He said I have PF on the painful portion of the inside edge of my heel.

Re: Inflamed Bursa

Lynda on 2/16/99 at 00:00 (004869)

I have had heel pain in both feet, worse on the right, for going on 7 years. I had the endoscopic release in 3/96 and open procedure in 1/97. At the time of surgery my podiatrist found an inflamed bursal sac and thought my problems were over. Well, guess what, they're not? It's developed into a chronic pain since I had it so long before finding cause. I take Nortriptyline (an anti-depressant) solely for my feet and it's made a world of difference. There's been a study that some anti-depressants can suppress nerve pain. This summer also I decided to try Birkenstocks even though I was sure they wouldn't help. Well, I have 2 pair now, the sandals, and the clogs, and I love them. Wear them every day. Hope this helps.