Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2nd podiatrist visit

Posted by Sue on 2/18/99 at 00:00 (004914)

I go back to the podiatrist tomorrow after a week of taping and ibuprofen. No improvement here. Might be custom orthotics next. Any comments on the best type.. rigid or soft, full length or 3/4?? I currently am wearing Birk inserts. After two months I can't say they have helped either. I do know a higher heel is helpful. Even a running shoe isn't comfortable. Any suggestions? The doctor won't even do an x-ray for a stress fracture, although I guess a bone scan is necessary to detect that.

Re: 2nd podiatrist visit

BJ on 2/18/99 at 00:00 (004918)

Have you tried icing and excerising? That seems to help me most. I did not have much success with a POD. Orthopedic gave me excerises and told me to use ice for 15 minutes several times a day. That was Dec. 31. I take IBuprofen when needed - RX drugs didn't seem to help. Injections only for a few days . I have found Saucony running shoes or ECCO shoes with Sorbothane inserts to help the most. The ORTHO. suggested the sorbothane inserts. I found these at 'Just for Feet'. I can't run any races but I can function fairly normally. If I overdo - I ice and ice! BEst wishes - hope you get relief soon.

Re: 2nd podiatrist visit

BJ on 2/18/99 at 00:00 (004918)

Have you tried icing and excerising? That seems to help me most. I did not have much success with a POD. Orthopedic gave me excerises and told me to use ice for 15 minutes several times a day. That was Dec. 31. I take IBuprofen when needed - RX drugs didn't seem to help. Injections only for a few days . I have found Saucony running shoes or ECCO shoes with Sorbothane inserts to help the most. The ORTHO. suggested the sorbothane inserts. I found these at 'Just for Feet'. I can't run any races but I can function fairly normally. If I overdo - I ice and ice! BEst wishes - hope you get relief soon.