Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Acu Needle Placement

Posted by Gina on 2/19/99 at 00:00 (004947)

For what it's worth, I had needles placed in various areas of the foot (front ankle, side ankle, areas of heel, side of foot) and several placed in my ears. An electrical current was always run from a machine connecting to an ear needle or two; the current felt like it was pulsing. After 40-45 minutes, needles were removed and I was told to move my feet up and down, while lying on the table. Had limited results from all this. Total treatment time was a good hour.

Re: Acu Needle Placement

debbie on 2/24/99 at 00:00 (005040)

I am sorry to hear you haven't had good results with your acu treatments. I had needles placed in the sides of my ankles. the bottom of my feet, in the heel, and one in each shin and the Dr. said most important, in the muscle between the forfinger and thumb. I also had suction magnets put on me. He didn't feel the electric thing was necessary. anyone who didn't have needles placed in the pressure points should find a different Dr., one who is qualified. This is very important. The needles should be twisted every so often during the course of the hour treatment. Good Luck Debbie

Sirin on 2/24/99 at 00:00 (005058)

I tried acupuncture this Saturday. The needles were placed in the same pressure points along the feet, ankle and shin area that you mentioned. Moxa(sp?) was also used. It was some herbal stuff that the acupunturist lit up and placed in the heel area until I could not bear the burning sensation. This continued for about 5 minutes. I felt as if I was being tortored. Unfortunately, I felt more pain in my heel areas after the treatment. I'm debating whether I should go back for a second treatment.

debbie on 2/24/99 at 00:00 (005040)

I am sorry to hear you haven't had good results with your acu treatments. I had needles placed in the sides of my ankles. the bottom of my feet, in the heel, and one in each shin and the Dr. said most important, in the muscle between the forfinger and thumb. I also had suction magnets put on me. He didn't feel the electric thing was necessary. anyone who didn't have needles placed in the pressure points should find a different Dr., one who is qualified. This is very important. The needles should be twisted every so often during the course of the hour treatment. Good Luck Debbie

Sirin on 2/24/99 at 00:00 (005058)

I tried acupuncture this Saturday. The needles were placed in the same pressure points along the feet, ankle and shin area that you mentioned. Moxa(sp?) was also used. It was some herbal stuff that the acupunturist lit up and placed in the heel area until I could not bear the burning sensation. This continued for about 5 minutes. I felt as if I was being tortored. Unfortunately, I felt more pain in my heel areas after the treatment. I'm debating whether I should go back for a second treatment.