Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain/stress fracture

Posted by elizabeth on 2/26/99 at 00:00 (005087)

I've had sore feet for 9 months now. I do have a large spur on the left heel. have FP and am undergoing physical therapy and wear orthotical ALL the time. I have only one pair of shoes that are somewhat comfortable, a pair of ugg boots. I'm thinking that I may have a stress fracture in my heel and am wondering about treatment options for that. Anyone else have similar experience??

Re: heel pain/stress fracture

Ken on 2/26/99 at 00:00 (005095)

I too have had similar complaints. I had x-rays taken and a possible stress fracture was found. They are very hard to diagnos.If not sure bone scan or MRI might help.

elizabeth on 2/27/99 at 00:00 (005105)

ken, how was the stress fracture treated? cast?

ken on 2/27/99 at 00:00 (005115)

Right now I am in a Walking soft cast for 6 weeks but after a month it hasn't got any better.Had a MRI done yesterday and see my doctor this week.Hopefully something was found on this so it can be treated.

debbie on 3/07/99 at 00:00 (005329)

Elizabeth, I was diagnosed with a heel spur and pf and after a series of cortizone shots over a 3 month period I went to an Orthpedic Dr. and he ordered me a bone scan and the stress fracture showed up plain as day. You literally can't walk at all. I was in an air cast for 12 weeks. then I suffered with the pf in both feet for 2 years. Acupuncture cured me. Debbie

Ken on 2/26/99 at 00:00 (005095)

I too have had similar complaints. I had x-rays taken and a possible stress fracture was found. They are very hard to diagnos.If not sure bone scan or MRI might help.

elizabeth on 2/27/99 at 00:00 (005105)

ken, how was the stress fracture treated? cast?

ken on 2/27/99 at 00:00 (005115)

Right now I am in a Walking soft cast for 6 weeks but after a month it hasn't got any better.Had a MRI done yesterday and see my doctor this week.Hopefully something was found on this so it can be treated.

debbie on 3/07/99 at 00:00 (005329)

Elizabeth, I was diagnosed with a heel spur and pf and after a series of cortizone shots over a 3 month period I went to an Orthpedic Dr. and he ordered me a bone scan and the stress fracture showed up plain as day. You literally can't walk at all. I was in an air cast for 12 weeks. then I suffered with the pf in both feet for 2 years. Acupuncture cured me. Debbie