Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Celebrex is working for me!

Posted by BarbJ on 3/01/99 at 00:00 (005153)

I started taking Celebrex on Friday and have taken 200mg once a day in the morning for three days. I definitely have a large reduction in pain--not pain free, though. I have not been able to walk more than a block without excruciating pain for a # of months and now was able to garden on Saturday for about 4 hours and walk my dog around the block! Celebrex is a new anti-inflammatory that is not harmful to the stomach. So far I have not noticed any side affects at all and don't even want to ask what they may be. Stupid, huh? I see the md at the end of the month for annual tuneup and will find out then, if not before...

Re: Celebrex is working for me!

Mary W. on 3/01/99 at 00:00 (005164)

is this a prescription? Cost? Thanks for your time.

BarbJ on 3/02/99 at 00:00 (005182)

Yes, it is a prescription and I am sorry but I didn't ask the price since my insurance pays. I have to say I have not felt so good in a very long time. Someone else is taking it but says they have not got any relief so obviously it does not work for everybody.

Mary W. on 3/01/99 at 00:00 (005164)

is this a prescription? Cost? Thanks for your time.

BarbJ on 3/02/99 at 00:00 (005182)

Yes, it is a prescription and I am sorry but I didn't ask the price since my insurance pays. I have to say I have not felt so good in a very long time. Someone else is taking it but says they have not got any relief so obviously it does not work for everybody.