Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: never say Never!

Posted by Gina on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005212)

I've had 2 episodes of PF. The first, lasted over one year, but eventually I was pain free for 5 years although I did change exercise routine to no impact. Could do all other daily activities. Unfortunately, I became over-confident and started treadmill walking and that's exactly what triggered my second episode of PF, which has now lasted for 2 years, with limited improvement over time. If I ever even look at treadmill, just shoot me! Now, I just swim but have problems with shopping, cleaning, etc. Am still hoping that with time, this episode will calm down.

Peggy on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005217)

Gina,

Walking on the treadmill is exactly what triggered my pf. I stopped and it was starting to tame down a bit when I began walking on the treadmill and low and behold I now have had it for 6 months and going nuts. I will never walk on a treadmill again.

I am used to exercising and it is destroying my life not to exercise. I know exactly what you are going through. I hope you get relief soon.

BARB on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005241)

The same thing happened to me. I purchased a treadmill and the foot started over. That was 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I'm still struggling. Also I got so frustrated around Christmas I decided I must be going to live with this the rest of my life - so I decided to just go ahead and try to live normally. That meant going to the mall and walking. That was a terrible, terrible mistake. I finally had to go to a ORTHOPEDIC and have an injection. It was painful, but not nearly as painful as what I was going through. It was worth the 7 - 10 day relief. I would not recommend on an on. The ORTHOPEDIC also gave excerising and explain the icing ALWAYS after pain. It is bareable now. Very best wishes.

Watt on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005262)

So, Obviously the treadmill is a bad thing because my PF flared up again after I decided it was better and started jogging on the treadmill. Well, that does it, stay off the treadmill. I prefer the Precor machine anyway, it has a much smoother movement.

Peggy on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005217)

Gina,

Walking on the treadmill is exactly what triggered my pf. I stopped and it was starting to tame down a bit when I began walking on the treadmill and low and behold I now have had it for 6 months and going nuts. I will never walk on a treadmill again.

I am used to exercising and it is destroying my life not to exercise. I know exactly what you are going through. I hope you get relief soon.

BARB on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005241)

The same thing happened to me. I purchased a treadmill and the foot started over. That was 1 1/2 yrs. ago. I'm still struggling. Also I got so frustrated around Christmas I decided I must be going to live with this the rest of my life - so I decided to just go ahead and try to live normally. That meant going to the mall and walking. That was a terrible, terrible mistake. I finally had to go to a ORTHOPEDIC and have an injection. It was painful, but not nearly as painful as what I was going through. It was worth the 7 - 10 day relief. I would not recommend on an on. The ORTHOPEDIC also gave excerising and explain the icing ALWAYS after pain. It is bareable now. Very best wishes.

Watt on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005262)

So, Obviously the treadmill is a bad thing because my PF flared up again after I decided it was better and started jogging on the treadmill. Well, that does it, stay off the treadmill. I prefer the Precor machine anyway, it has a much smoother movement.