Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

night splints

Posted by chris neck on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005214)

can someone tell me how I can obtain night splints?

Re: night splints

Jane on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005221)

I have seen night splints advertised in catalogs on the internet but don't remember the addresses. Sorry. I got my night splint from my foot doctor (DPM). I haven't seen any daily improvement over the first 5 weeks except in that first morning step (now it's bearable!) Yesterday he just increased the size of the wedge in the bottom to add about 5 degrees to the angle. Hope it works!
Good luck to you and all fellow pf people!

janetT. on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005227)

I received my night splint thru my podiatrist. My health insurance paid for 80% of cost of the rental. I paid the rest along with the deductible. It cost $237.00 amonth. I used it for 3 months, the recommended time by my podiatrist. It helped ease the pain first thing in the morning but I can't really say it helped ease the heel pain I have all day long.I returned it this morning so tomorrow morning will be the first morning I wake up without the night splint since 3 months ago. I look forward to not having to sleep with that thing on but I wonder how the first step out of bed will be.

Michelle on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005231)

I obtained my night splint from my Foot Dr. It was from a company called Alimed. It cost about $70. However, I went to a different Foot Dr. and she told me to return it. I have seem them online @ http://www.feelgoodcatalog.com . Check it out.

BJ on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005240)

I received mine from an ORTHOPEDIC (specializes in feet and ankle) the cost was $75.00 (billed to insurance). It was very uncomfortable to sleep in and seemed to make my leg and hip out of line. I did not use it but a couple of nights. I have found that excerises before getting out of bed work much better. That is just stretching, both pulling toes up toward my face and then extending down. Also curling my toes under and sliding up and down the calf of the other leg. This excerise was given to me by the ORTHO. Best wishes

!

Leon on 1/20/99 at 00:00 (003665)

My podiatrist claims a 100% cure rate for p.f. using a combination of night splints and custom-made orthotics. However, I've just started using night splints and my orthotics haven't arrived yet, so I can't advise you whether they actually work or not. The ones I got through my podiatrist are expensive, but insurance covers 80%. If they work, it's worth it, but I won't know for another 7 weeks or so. Good luck!

Jane on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005221)

I have seen night splints advertised in catalogs on the internet but don't remember the addresses. Sorry. I got my night splint from my foot doctor (DPM). I haven't seen any daily improvement over the first 5 weeks except in that first morning step (now it's bearable!) Yesterday he just increased the size of the wedge in the bottom to add about 5 degrees to the angle. Hope it works!
Good luck to you and all fellow pf people!

janetT. on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005227)

I received my night splint thru my podiatrist. My health insurance paid for 80% of cost of the rental. I paid the rest along with the deductible. It cost $237.00 amonth. I used it for 3 months, the recommended time by my podiatrist. It helped ease the pain first thing in the morning but I can't really say it helped ease the heel pain I have all day long.I returned it this morning so tomorrow morning will be the first morning I wake up without the night splint since 3 months ago. I look forward to not having to sleep with that thing on but I wonder how the first step out of bed will be.

Michelle on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005231)

I obtained my night splint from my Foot Dr. It was from a company called Alimed. It cost about $70. However, I went to a different Foot Dr. and she told me to return it. I have seem them online @ http://www.feelgoodcatalog.com . Check it out.

BJ on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005240)

I received mine from an ORTHOPEDIC (specializes in feet and ankle) the cost was $75.00 (billed to insurance). It was very uncomfortable to sleep in and seemed to make my leg and hip out of line. I did not use it but a couple of nights. I have found that excerises before getting out of bed work much better. That is just stretching, both pulling toes up toward my face and then extending down. Also curling my toes under and sliding up and down the calf of the other leg. This excerise was given to me by the ORTHO. Best wishes

!