Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cane with built in seat?

Posted by Alicia C. on 3/03/99 at 00:00 (005232)

I read a message a few days ago that said something about a cane that had a built in seat. Light weight and could be carried attached to a backpack, etc. Would anyone who knows how I can order one of these let me know?

Re: Cane with built in seat?

Dayna on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005242)

I bought mine at a store in the mall that sells adaptive aids, long poles with claws on the end to reach things on high shelves, magnifying glasses with little feet that hang around the neck by a cord, etc. I don't know of any catalogues but then other than PF I don't have any other health problems. I suggest you look in the yellow pages under medical supplies and start calling places, one of them might carry it or know someone else who does. Good luck.

Irene on 3/05/99 at 00:00 (005281)

Alicia,
A # of catalogs sell these things, off and on. One is called 'Dr. Leonard's'. I'm pretty sure 'Sharper Image' has it occasionally. These things can be a lifesaver. Get the kind with the canvas seat, not the rigid seat.
Good luck.
Irene

Dayna on 3/04/99 at 00:00 (005242)

I bought mine at a store in the mall that sells adaptive aids, long poles with claws on the end to reach things on high shelves, magnifying glasses with little feet that hang around the neck by a cord, etc. I don't know of any catalogues but then other than PF I don't have any other health problems. I suggest you look in the yellow pages under medical supplies and start calling places, one of them might carry it or know someone else who does. Good luck.

Irene on 3/05/99 at 00:00 (005281)

Alicia,
A # of catalogs sell these things, off and on. One is called 'Dr. Leonard's'. I'm pretty sure 'Sharper Image' has it occasionally. These things can be a lifesaver. Get the kind with the canvas seat, not the rigid seat.
Good luck.
Irene