Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

diet that has worked, so far

Posted by kelus on 3/08/99 at 00:00 (005334)

I know that alot of us with PF have gained some weight due to being so inactive
That is what happened to me. My friend lost 30 pounds on this diet, and I tried it for the last 3 days, and I have lost 2 pounds....
Anyway, I am probably jumping the gun, and it is probably water weight,but heck, 2 pounds is 2 pounds!

If anyone is interested, it is the Atkins diet, high protein, low carbs. I bought the book and it also gives some recipies.
I will let everyone know in a week or two how it is working.

Take care everyone

Kelus (Janet)

Re: diet that has worked, so far

Angie on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005411)

I followed a similar eating plan last fall and dropped 12 lbs -- 9 of which I have kept off. I just decided yesterday to start again. I remembered reading somewhere that sugar aggrivates inflammation, hmmm? Why didn't I remember that before? Anyway, I definately belivet here is merit in learning about what we eat and how it affects our body. I'm usually too busy to take the extra time -- nd I pay for it!

kelus on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005427)

Angie,

12 pounds! That is great! Well, I have leveled out with only loosing 3 pounds in 5 days. And boy, do I ever want a glass of milk!
I am also CRAVING bread products. Other than that I think that this diet has shrunk my stomach, so I am not as hungry, and I can't eat as much at a time. Anyway, I will let everyone know how it is working!

bye, Janet (kelus)

angie on 3/11/99 at 00:00 (005445)

I'm sure you've been cautioned, but be very careful with this diet. I invested in the Ket-Diastix to test my urine so I could make sure that my 'ketones' stayed in a safe range. I haven't read Adkins' book but a different one. A co-worker has been strickly doing Adkins since October and has lost 53 lbs. I admire her discipline. Gee, if I'd stuck with it and lost 53 lbs I'd be at my goal weight! Uugggh!

Congratulations on your early success!

Angie on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005411)

I followed a similar eating plan last fall and dropped 12 lbs -- 9 of which I have kept off. I just decided yesterday to start again. I remembered reading somewhere that sugar aggrivates inflammation, hmmm? Why didn't I remember that before? Anyway, I definately belivet here is merit in learning about what we eat and how it affects our body. I'm usually too busy to take the extra time -- nd I pay for it!

kelus on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005427)

Angie,

12 pounds! That is great! Well, I have leveled out with only loosing 3 pounds in 5 days. And boy, do I ever want a glass of milk!
I am also CRAVING bread products. Other than that I think that this diet has shrunk my stomach, so I am not as hungry, and I can't eat as much at a time. Anyway, I will let everyone know how it is working!

bye, Janet (kelus)

angie on 3/11/99 at 00:00 (005445)

I'm sure you've been cautioned, but be very careful with this diet. I invested in the Ket-Diastix to test my urine so I could make sure that my 'ketones' stayed in a safe range. I haven't read Adkins' book but a different one. A co-worker has been strickly doing Adkins since October and has lost 53 lbs. I admire her discipline. Gee, if I'd stuck with it and lost 53 lbs I'd be at my goal weight! Uugggh!

Congratulations on your early success!