Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Missing messages

Posted by Bea on 3/08/99 at 00:00 (005374)

I often find that some messages are missing and then sometimes reappear at a later date and sometimes not. Is someone deciding what we should read and what not to read? I have noticed this for awhile and just wonder if it is an idiosyncrracy(Sp.?) of the site or what, anyone else notice this?

Re: Missing messages

Dayna on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005381)

I noticed messages leaving, haven't noticed them coming back but then I haven't been looking for that so it's very possible that this is happening. I saw a few of mine leave the board, figured I had somehow offended someone and the messages were removed by request of someone else. I don't believe Scott is purposely just messing with messages willy-nilly.

Jude on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005387)

Me too!I have quit writing as every message I have left is gone now.It's too bad, because there were some interaction with others that I would have liked to continue,but it's like I don't exist.Just a bit paranoid...

Re: Missing messages - not really

alex on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005410)

It appears that messages go 'missing' when they wrap over on to the next page, especially when they are part of a stream, rather than single messages in their own right. If you enter your name in the 'search' box you will find that all your messages are there.

Re: Missing messages - yes really

Dayna on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005422)

Not true, several specific messages which I can recall left the board without the wrap-around and are not available when I look up all my messages. That may be part of the problem for some, but is not the case at least for me.

Dayna on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005381)

I noticed messages leaving, haven't noticed them coming back but then I haven't been looking for that so it's very possible that this is happening. I saw a few of mine leave the board, figured I had somehow offended someone and the messages were removed by request of someone else. I don't believe Scott is purposely just messing with messages willy-nilly.

Jude on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005387)

Me too!I have quit writing as every message I have left is gone now.It's too bad, because there were some interaction with others that I would have liked to continue,but it's like I don't exist.Just a bit paranoid...

Re: Missing messages - not really

alex on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005410)

It appears that messages go 'missing' when they wrap over on to the next page, especially when they are part of a stream, rather than single messages in their own right. If you enter your name in the 'search' box you will find that all your messages are there.

Re: Missing messages - yes really

Dayna on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005422)

Not true, several specific messages which I can recall left the board without the wrap-around and are not available when I look up all my messages. That may be part of the problem for some, but is not the case at least for me.