Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Mary Ann, hows the Vitamin C working?

Posted by Lyndel on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005377)

Read your response to my message a while back (March 3rd I think). Anyway, was wondering how you're doing in Vit C? I missed a few days last week and sure could tell it with my cold. While taking it I did well with my cold and my feet didn't hurt to much. I missed the last three days of last week and my cold came on stronger and my feet started hurting. Took vit C Sat, Sun and Today Monday and my cold seems to have left and my feet feel better today than the last 5 days.

I think it's working to some degree. I dont know, seems like every time I find something that works, the pf becomes imune to it in a few days and I'm back to where I started. BOY does it get frustrating sometimes!

Looks like it's snowing in Vermont! Weather has been nice here. Still in the 40's durring the day and teens at night. Had some more snow this weekend. So far this winter, it's been the warmest winter I can remember but we have also had snow all winter non stop since the first of October! Strange weather but I'll take it over -50 below zero!

Lyndel

Re: Mary Ann, hows the Vitamin C working? NO CHANGE

Mary Ann on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005380)

I started the Vit.C a couple weeks ago and see no change. Also am taking glucosamine, for over 1 month, no change. I have pain always, sometimes worse and after working my foot is very sore for a day or two. I bought a pair of birks, which felt very good in the store, no heel pain but after wearing at home they hurt, and mostly on the outside of my heel. I don't know what to do.

We got a foot of snow and it is in the teens, , but it is not bad, the sun is shining which helps the mood a lot. Spring isn't too far off, maybe a couple more snow storms away

Mary Ann

Re: Mary Ann, hows the Vitamin C working?

BarbJ on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005384)

Lyndel, the second paragraph of your message is exactly how I feel!

Gordon on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005386)

Lyndel

I'm just guessing about you guys (gals) but what often happens to me is thatI start to feel better so I start backing off on the things that help and also start doing more stuff. Then when I get the pain back I get discouraged, stressed and I stop excercising .

1st, when the pain comes back, if I do a good long aerobic work out (not on feet) right away I start to feel better within a couple hours. It also kills the stress from the pain. I also increase my Vit C dose when things get worse.

2nd, like the rest of us, standing still causes the most pain. And I used to ice or rest after standing. Well, instead of doing that, I now go for a short walk, excersise and then ice if I stood to long.

My theory is that the one common thing amongst all of is that when it hurts we rest. And, of course, that is what makes sense. But I have had more success doing just the oppposite (but I don't push it on my feet).

I think a vigorous work-out every morning and a light one at night is the way to go to keep the feet healing (even when they feel great already).

Gordon

Re: Mary Ann, hows the Vitamin C working? NO CHANGE

Mary Ann on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005380)

I started the Vit.C a couple weeks ago and see no change. Also am taking glucosamine, for over 1 month, no change. I have pain always, sometimes worse and after working my foot is very sore for a day or two. I bought a pair of birks, which felt very good in the store, no heel pain but after wearing at home they hurt, and mostly on the outside of my heel. I don't know what to do.

We got a foot of snow and it is in the teens, , but it is not bad, the sun is shining which helps the mood a lot. Spring isn't too far off, maybe a couple more snow storms away

Mary Ann

BarbJ on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005384)

Lyndel, the second paragraph of your message is exactly how I feel!

Gordon on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005386)

Lyndel

I'm just guessing about you guys (gals) but what often happens to me is thatI start to feel better so I start backing off on the things that help and also start doing more stuff. Then when I get the pain back I get discouraged, stressed and I stop excercising .

1st, when the pain comes back, if I do a good long aerobic work out (not on feet) right away I start to feel better within a couple hours. It also kills the stress from the pain. I also increase my Vit C dose when things get worse.

2nd, like the rest of us, standing still causes the most pain. And I used to ice or rest after standing. Well, instead of doing that, I now go for a short walk, excersise and then ice if I stood to long.

My theory is that the one common thing amongst all of is that when it hurts we rest. And, of course, that is what makes sense. But I have had more success doing just the oppposite (but I don't push it on my feet).

I think a vigorous work-out every morning and a light one at night is the way to go to keep the feet healing (even when they feel great already).

Gordon