Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tomorrow is the big day

Posted by CJ on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005390)

I don't know which is worse, knowing what will happen after tomorrow, or the anticipation leading up to it.
Anyway, I will go to surgery at 7am tomorrow morning, and I am still very anxious and nervous.
We had snow here last night, only 4 inches, they were predicting up to 12. Good thing for me. I was ready to cancel if we had the 12. hahaha

Everyone keep a good thought for me, and thanks for all the support already given.
Hopefully, most of my problems will be over after tomorrow. I can get on and lead a 'normal' life??

CJ in Indy

Re: Tomorrow is the big day

Cheryl R. on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005396)

Good Luck Tomorrow, CJ.
Sit back, relax and think of all the things you will now be able to do that you have not be able to since getting PF.

BarbJ on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005397)

Best of luck, CJ--I'll be thinking good thoughts. Don't forget to post afterwards so we know you're okay. Best, BarbJ

Denise on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005401)

Had my surgery on Monday AM. Walking with crutches and some pain in arch and heel but it is a different kind of pain. Take the pain killers and elevate also ice as much as possible and stay off at least 48 hours. Going to the Dr on Thursday and hopefully I will get a good report. Had the old way of surgery about 4 years agon on my right foot and it was a long recovery but it worked. This one was the new method and so far I am walking with pain but nothing like before the surgery. Sleeping in night splint seems to help too. I will keep you posted. Good luck and relax.

Cheryl R. on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005396)

Good Luck Tomorrow, CJ.
Sit back, relax and think of all the things you will now be able to do that you have not be able to since getting PF.

BarbJ on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005397)

Best of luck, CJ--I'll be thinking good thoughts. Don't forget to post afterwards so we know you're okay. Best, BarbJ

Denise on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005401)

Had my surgery on Monday AM. Walking with crutches and some pain in arch and heel but it is a different kind of pain. Take the pain killers and elevate also ice as much as possible and stay off at least 48 hours. Going to the Dr on Thursday and hopefully I will get a good report. Had the old way of surgery about 4 years agon on my right foot and it was a long recovery but it worked. This one was the new method and so far I am walking with pain but nothing like before the surgery. Sleeping in night splint seems to help too. I will keep you posted. Good luck and relax.