Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf surgery/typo

Posted by Gina on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005394)

Am glad I didn't have PF surgery if arthritis is the source of most of the pain. Already sent a request for bone scan; will seek another opinion when I can stand to deal with stil another doctor.

Re: pf surgery/typo

Bea on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005406)

I wonder if your doctor also reads crystal balls. I am not positive about this but I thought bone scans show damage to bones. Arthritus is a disease of the joints. I hate to sound ignorant but I have had bone scans looking for signs of cancer and I have arthritus & it never appeared on the scans.

Annette on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005413)

I would take this doctor's diagnosis of arthritis with a grain of salt. They did an MRI of my one foot and said it showed gouty arthritis! I knew they were nuts right away! I may have had a litte athritis in my foot but I sure as hell didn't have gout, especially at 39. Try glucosmaine and chondroitin for arthritis. I have had good luck getting inflammation down also taking MSM and now after 5 years of suffering am doing pretty good. If you are interested in dosages, post back.

Re: pf surgery/typo-Annette

Bea on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005435)

Just for your info. Gout has no relationship to age. It is caused by an excess of uric acid in the body which the body does not throw off, something like Diabetes it is caused by an inbalance, not age related but can be hereditary.

Bea on 3/09/99 at 00:00 (005406)

I wonder if your doctor also reads crystal balls. I am not positive about this but I thought bone scans show damage to bones. Arthritus is a disease of the joints. I hate to sound ignorant but I have had bone scans looking for signs of cancer and I have arthritus & it never appeared on the scans.

Annette on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005413)

I would take this doctor's diagnosis of arthritis with a grain of salt. They did an MRI of my one foot and said it showed gouty arthritis! I knew they were nuts right away! I may have had a litte athritis in my foot but I sure as hell didn't have gout, especially at 39. Try glucosmaine and chondroitin for arthritis. I have had good luck getting inflammation down also taking MSM and now after 5 years of suffering am doing pretty good. If you are interested in dosages, post back.

Re: pf surgery/typo-Annette

Bea on 3/10/99 at 00:00 (005435)

Just for your info. Gout has no relationship to age. It is caused by an excess of uric acid in the body which the body does not throw off, something like Diabetes it is caused by an inbalance, not age related but can be hereditary.