Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Missing Messages

Posted by scott on 3/11/99 at 00:00 (005468)

OK, ya'll have finally convinced me that messages 'disappear'at least in some way or another. Personally, I don't know of any messages that have disappeared, either in the listing or in their storage area. As alex said, if you do a search on your name or the day it was posted, you'll probably find all your messages. Since so many have complained, I do not doubt that there is a problem. But the new program design of the board is necessary because so many are posting. I do not have a solution.

Re: Missing Messages

Scott on 3/11/99 at 00:00 (005473)

Dayna has posted alot and says some of hers completely disappear. My best guess is that my programming is not 'durable' in the sense that if 2 people try to run the program at the same time, it messes up. There is a way to fix that, so I'll do it sometime.

Dayna on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005489)

Scott,

The message I most remember was around Feb 26, it was there for at least one day then disappeared. I posted a second one mentioning that it was a duplicate, that one has stayed.

Didn't mean to be a whiner, not about that anyway, sorry.

alex on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005498)

There may some link to one's own personal PC. I use three - office, regular home and laptop. There are times when a message is missing one one PC but present on another. I am sure that it has something to do with the wrap-around to the 'next set of messages'. Dayna - have you tried tyoing in Dayna, checking the little box and seeing what comes up? Best wishes

Bea on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005502)

I was the one who originally mentioned about the missing messages. This has happened quite a lot to me but it is no big deal, I just mentioned it wondering if I was getting senile or others werenoticing it also. I really appreciate all you are doing Scott & this site is a teriffic(sp?) source.

Scott on 3/11/99 at 00:00 (005473)

Dayna has posted alot and says some of hers completely disappear. My best guess is that my programming is not 'durable' in the sense that if 2 people try to run the program at the same time, it messes up. There is a way to fix that, so I'll do it sometime.

Dayna on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005489)

Scott,

The message I most remember was around Feb 26, it was there for at least one day then disappeared. I posted a second one mentioning that it was a duplicate, that one has stayed.

Didn't mean to be a whiner, not about that anyway, sorry.

alex on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005498)

There may some link to one's own personal PC. I use three - office, regular home and laptop. There are times when a message is missing one one PC but present on another. I am sure that it has something to do with the wrap-around to the 'next set of messages'. Dayna - have you tried tyoing in Dayna, checking the little box and seeing what comes up? Best wishes

Bea on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005502)

I was the one who originally mentioned about the missing messages. This has happened quite a lot to me but it is no big deal, I just mentioned it wondering if I was getting senile or others werenoticing it also. I really appreciate all you are doing Scott & this site is a teriffic(sp?) source.