Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Let me tell you what is working for me...

Posted by Kris on 3/12/99 at 00:00 (005483)

I have been suffering with PF for almost a year. Terrible pain. I was seeing an ortho dr that just gave me anti inflammatory Rx's, one after another (6 in all) and did nothing else. I was miserable,no relief at all!
So I switched to a new Dr. another Ortho dr.who is WONDERFUL. He sent me over to Pomona Valley Hospital (So. Calif area) Physical Therapy dept. They are miracle workers I tell you. This is what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks. I go in the whirlpool to warm up and stretch my calves. Then I do the stationery bikes and resistance work with Thera Bands(rubber bands), I also do the leg press to work my calves and toe raises. They also manually stretch my feet and then I ice them real good. Before I leave they tape my arches, Great support! I was fitted for night splints, another great stretcher that really relieves that 1st in the morning step out of bed awful pain. I also ankle braces (they lace up and have velcro straps that wrap around my arches for support) that keep my foot in a flexed position. Feels like so much support when I am walking! I really feel all this stretching and iceing is doing wonders. Just yesterday they put me in a removeable cast that keeps my foot flexed all the time. It feels like I am wearing a nice comfy UGG boot. Its removeable so I can continue to work the muscles during my Physical Therapy which I am doing 5-6 days a week. Also I can shower without it too. :). I can honestly say today is the first day of no pain I have felt in a year. Well sorry this is so long but I had to share with you what is working for me. I have not had 1 pain or anti-inflammatory pill in a month which is great news for my stomach. This message board is a lifesaver and I have learned so much from it. Thanks. Kris