Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Terrible pain in heel and arch since surgery

Posted by Denise on 3/13/99 at 00:00 (005530)

I had a 3/4 release on Monday and thought things were going very well. I was on crutches for 3 days and a surgical shoe. The DR told me to use a cain and try weight bearing. The arch and heel are very painful and I am living on pain killers now. Pain seems worse than before the operation. Having stitches out on Monday and wonder if I am walking on it too early. Dr says no. Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Terrible pain in heel and arch since surgery

Flo on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005532)

I did not recover in the time period the Dr. laid out. And when I went back for my second visit after surgery, he said 'I would have hoped for a better result'. My end result was good...but much slower than he told me and I used pain killers for longer than I thought I would need to. (I'm not a pill person). At first I regretted having it done, thought I'd really screwed up my foot. But in time, it did heal and it did get better. But the Dr. and God had a different time schedule. I stayed off it a lot more than he said to...he said to let it bear weight, I couldn't. I'll be thinking about you...take it easy. It will heal.

Re: Terrible pain in heel and arch since surgery(attn. Flo)

Denise on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005534)

Thanks for the uplift. Feeling the same like I was wrong to have the surgery. Gonna stay off it more today and go back to the crutches. Keeping the faith.

Re: Terrible pain Jessie, Jude, Becky and Mike

Rick on 12/09/98 at 00:00 (002602)

You all have my heartfelt sympathy. I suffer from PF, but have been fortunate enough to be able to 'manage' it. I work for Thorlo, and I believe that a big part of my ability to manage PF has been the use of the product my company makes - Thorlos sock products. We have a special product that may provide some relief for you. I say MAY, because, as you know, with PF there are no quick fixes or miracle cures (at least as far as I know, unfortunately). We do not sell this product commercially, but have made it available with some success to diabetic patients with foot neuropathy and ulceration problems. I know of two cases where plantar fasciitis patients showed significant improvement and increased mobility after using it.

If you would like to find out more, please e-mail me. You would need to purchase and be fitted properly with new shoes. We can make recommendations, but the brand and style would be your choice. The Thorlos product you would be using would be very thick, and would probably dictate a full size larger shoe than your accustomed size. I'll give you more details if you contact me.

I hope we can help you. Please get in touch.

Your sympathetic fellow PF sufferer,
Rick
rmende@thorlo.com

Re: Terrible pain in heel and arch since surgery

Flo on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005532)

I did not recover in the time period the Dr. laid out. And when I went back for my second visit after surgery, he said 'I would have hoped for a better result'. My end result was good...but much slower than he told me and I used pain killers for longer than I thought I would need to. (I'm not a pill person). At first I regretted having it done, thought I'd really screwed up my foot. But in time, it did heal and it did get better. But the Dr. and God had a different time schedule. I stayed off it a lot more than he said to...he said to let it bear weight, I couldn't. I'll be thinking about you...take it easy. It will heal.

Re: Terrible pain in heel and arch since surgery(attn. Flo)

Denise on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005534)

Thanks for the uplift. Feeling the same like I was wrong to have the surgery. Gonna stay off it more today and go back to the crutches. Keeping the faith.