Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shark cartilage and vitamin c

Posted by Maggie on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005533)

I just found this website a few days ago and there was information on some success with taking shark cartilage and/or vitamin c for the pain. Now the messages are gone. Can anyone help with info on these two things----and anything else for the pain short of cortisone(which I've had) and surgery (which I don't want) Thanks

Re: shark cartilage and vitamin c

Melody on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005538)

Hi Maggie! I had success with shark Cartilage, after 1 wk of half the
dose to see if it agreed with me & noticed stronger ankles & less aching feet. I will take the full dose now to see how it does. I'm
happy so far-because I've been able to walk more w/less discomfort!
I also take Vit C 1000mg a day-some take more---but as always mentioned--some things work for some & not for others. Best of luck
to you-if you try the shark cartilage-plese let me know how you do!

Re: shark cartilage info for Maggie

Melody on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005545)

Above message was posted by Melody for Maggie-Sorry! I typed the
wrong name!!

Fred on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005581)

As posted in my earlier message (now archived apparently), I tried the maximum dosage of shark cartilage for five days with absolutely no difference at all. But if it's helping others, good luck! At the time I posted my message asking if others had success with it, Scott answered that he thought it was useless, and it seems to know his stuff (and it WAS useful for me!). Good luck!

Scott on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005589)

It's not that shark cartilage and chondroitin are useless, it's just that they are useless and very expensive compared to the superior benefits of glucosamine. At least that's what my most trusted source of supplement information (Michael Murray) says.

Melody on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005538)

Hi Maggie! I had success with shark Cartilage, after 1 wk of half the
dose to see if it agreed with me & noticed stronger ankles & less aching feet. I will take the full dose now to see how it does. I'm
happy so far-because I've been able to walk more w/less discomfort!
I also take Vit C 1000mg a day-some take more---but as always mentioned--some things work for some & not for others. Best of luck
to you-if you try the shark cartilage-plese let me know how you do!

Re: shark cartilage info for Maggie

Melody on 3/14/99 at 00:00 (005545)

Above message was posted by Melody for Maggie-Sorry! I typed the
wrong name!!

Fred on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005581)

As posted in my earlier message (now archived apparently), I tried the maximum dosage of shark cartilage for five days with absolutely no difference at all. But if it's helping others, good luck! At the time I posted my message asking if others had success with it, Scott answered that he thought it was useless, and it seems to know his stuff (and it WAS useful for me!). Good luck!

Scott on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005589)

It's not that shark cartilage and chondroitin are useless, it's just that they are useless and very expensive compared to the superior benefits of glucosamine. At least that's what my most trusted source of supplement information (Michael Murray) says.