Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: leg cramps and plantar f

Posted by bj on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005546)

I had this same problem a couple of years ago. Terrible 'charlie-horses'.At one point I told my husband I was glad we did not have a gun in the house. I would even have cramps in my neck when I yawned. Once chaning gears in my Jeep I had a pelvic champ. I reached into the back seat once and had a cram in my upper arm. After many tests, I was finally referred to a Internist who discover PARAthyroid problem. If you also are very very tired, if your calicum (blood) is high and your potassium is OK. Please ask to be checked for a parathyroid problem. I now at 49 yrs. old have osteoprosis of a 70 yrs. old. The calicum was not getting to my bones. Sometimes the parathyroid glands need to be removed. Sometimes you can be treated with mega calicum. Hopefully not starting to get calicum deposits that need to be removed. Best wishes. Oh by the way, the heelspur I had at that point stopped hurting. Last July the other foot started hurting - I have some improvment with excerises and icing, inserts for my shoes - but no more body crams!!!!!!!! Thank God! Best wishes.

bj on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005547)

excuse all the typo's on previous message my fingers are working correctly today--- must be too early.

Alicia on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005560)

Although some people may have more than one problem going on, I have found that with my PF, I begin compensating for the pain I have in both feet. My ankles get sore, my calves cramp and ache, my hips hurt, my back hurts, etc... (not whining - just reality). Stretching everything as much as you can and staying as active as you can should help some. Try the diet and vitamin suggestions that Gordon has given us - See Scott's info on Vitamin C on the heelspurs home page. Good luck.

sb on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005567)

I had horrid leg cramps during the summer when my feet were at their worst, and in Dec. I had surgery on both feet and have not had one leg cramp during the night. Hmmm...you just got me thinking that maybe there is a connection. Any thoughts from anyone else?

Deb on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005586)

sb- what type of surgery did you have and did it help?.. Did they do both feet at the same time or how far apart were the surgeries? What type of Dr did your surgery, Ortho or Pod? Thanks.

John on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007277)

I have bad feet. I wear orthotics. Through the years I have had off and on cramping in my calves exactly as you have described. Mine comes early morning just as I begin to move while waking up. Recently my feet have been hurting more and I have been having cramping every morning because I think the orthotics are wearing out.

Laurie on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007720)

Elise and anybody else...

Would love to talk to fellow suffers about calf pain....

Am suffering :(

bj on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005547)

excuse all the typo's on previous message my fingers are working correctly today--- must be too early.

Alicia on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005560)

Although some people may have more than one problem going on, I have found that with my PF, I begin compensating for the pain I have in both feet. My ankles get sore, my calves cramp and ache, my hips hurt, my back hurts, etc... (not whining - just reality). Stretching everything as much as you can and staying as active as you can should help some. Try the diet and vitamin suggestions that Gordon has given us - See Scott's info on Vitamin C on the heelspurs home page. Good luck.

sb on 3/15/99 at 00:00 (005567)

I had horrid leg cramps during the summer when my feet were at their worst, and in Dec. I had surgery on both feet and have not had one leg cramp during the night. Hmmm...you just got me thinking that maybe there is a connection. Any thoughts from anyone else?

Deb on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005586)

sb- what type of surgery did you have and did it help?.. Did they do both feet at the same time or how far apart were the surgeries? What type of Dr did your surgery, Ortho or Pod? Thanks.

John on 5/28/99 at 00:00 (007277)

I have bad feet. I wear orthotics. Through the years I have had off and on cramping in my calves exactly as you have described. Mine comes early morning just as I begin to move while waking up. Recently my feet have been hurting more and I have been having cramping every morning because I think the orthotics are wearing out.

Laurie on 6/11/99 at 00:00 (007720)

Elise and anybody else...

Would love to talk to fellow suffers about calf pain....

Am suffering :(