Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur treatment

Posted by Lynda on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005575)

I have had heel spurs since last May 98 and had a cortisone shot in each heel. It worked for awhile but now is very painful again. I have been taking advil every day. I started arobeics in Feb and had hoped that would help. Nothing has is there anything that has worked for anyone. I am overweight but have not gained anyw weight since I've had the pain. I have lost some weight and plan to lose more.

Re: heel spur treatment

debbie on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005576)

After running out of options I was cured with acupuncture. I go to aerobics 3 or 4 times a week and totally have my life back. If you go back in the board you will see my story. good luck. Debbie

Alicia on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005577)

Lynda: Weight bearing exercise will probably only aggravate your condition. You must find something to do that doesn't - like swimming or riding a bike. Unfortunately, no one thing works for everybody. If you can go back to previous messages on this board, you can learn a lot and develop your own plan for dealing with this problem. There are recommendations from vitamins to acupuncture to surgery. Look at the survey on the plantar fasciitis homepage - this will give you an idea of some of the alternative treatments and how they rank in success. Good luck, keep reading and asking questions.

smallbill on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006052)

small bill on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006053)

MY FEET IS KILLING ME AM TOLD IHAVE HEEL SPURS. IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE.

dea Canavan on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009271)

Where is the plantar fasciitis homepage please ?
Thanks
Dea

debbie on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005576)

After running out of options I was cured with acupuncture. I go to aerobics 3 or 4 times a week and totally have my life back. If you go back in the board you will see my story. good luck. Debbie

Alicia on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005577)

Lynda: Weight bearing exercise will probably only aggravate your condition. You must find something to do that doesn't - like swimming or riding a bike. Unfortunately, no one thing works for everybody. If you can go back to previous messages on this board, you can learn a lot and develop your own plan for dealing with this problem. There are recommendations from vitamins to acupuncture to surgery. Look at the survey on the plantar fasciitis homepage - this will give you an idea of some of the alternative treatments and how they rank in success. Good luck, keep reading and asking questions.

smallbill on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006052)

small bill on 4/07/99 at 00:00 (006053)

MY FEET IS KILLING ME AM TOLD IHAVE HEEL SPURS. IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE.

dea Canavan on 7/30/99 at 00:00 (009271)

Where is the plantar fasciitis homepage please ?
Thanks
Dea