Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Six days since surgery

Posted by CJ on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005590)

Well, it is over at last. I was very nervous last Wednesday. That was the day I went and had the surgery done.
I was awake the whole time, but so drugged up, I didn't mind it.
I didn't feel any pain then, but did feel the pressure as he filed down the bone spur.
Came home and slept the rest of the day, and have only been up to eat and go to the bathroom. I did make a trip to the doctor's yesterday, so he could change the bandage.
It looked really gross, but not red, no infection or extra bleeding, but with alot of stitches.
I go back next week again, but until then, I am to stay completely off my feet. I have to say I am getting restless, but as soon as I am up, I really need to get back into bed and prop my foot up and use ice for it.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that this works, nothing else did.
Thanks, and I just wanted to let you know that I was still around.

CJ

Re: Six days since surgery

Bobbie on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005591)

Thanks for your input. I hope and pray that this will take care of your pain and discomfort. How long before you are back on your feet? Keep us posted.

Cathie on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005592)

A friend of mine had surgery 10 years ago, and it was a resounding success. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'm sure you'd rather hear of the successes right now! Best of luck!

Bobbie on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005591)

Thanks for your input. I hope and pray that this will take care of your pain and discomfort. How long before you are back on your feet? Keep us posted.

Cathie on 3/16/99 at 00:00 (005592)

A friend of mine had surgery 10 years ago, and it was a resounding success. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I'm sure you'd rather hear of the successes right now! Best of luck!