Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It 'plopped' under my foot

Posted by Marianne on 3/17/99 at 00:00 (005609)

Hi,

For about 2 months now, I've had pf, with pain varying from mild (most of the time, luckily) to severe (mainly after trying to pick up volleyball again). Things were just going better when two days ago I thought someone kicked me under my foot or something. When I turned around to kick back, there was nobody there. Something just plopped. Right now the bottom of my foot is blue and bruised. Walking is possible again, but only on high heels and on the very outside of my foot. My doctor is on vacation and won't return until next week, so I cannot consult him. Has anybody experienced the same kind of plopping or does anyone know what it might be? It's kind of scary..

Greetings,
Marianne

Re: It 'plopped' under my foot

Dayna on 3/17/99 at 00:00 (005610)

I think you might have burst a blood vessel, the wall of the vessel giving way would feel like a 'plop' as the blood escaped and pooled, this would also explain the blueness. Go to a doctor ASAP and have it looked at.

Scott on 3/17/99 at 00:00 (005611)

It sounds like your fascia may have detached from your heel. This has happened to at least 2 other visitors to this site. 1,000 mg of vitamin C with every meal or more to help it heal. Stay off your feet as much as possible. Use tape as I've shown. See an orthopeadic doctor ASAP. Immediately. Call their office and convince them it's an emergency so that you can get in soon.

Dayna on 3/17/99 at 00:00 (005610)

I think you might have burst a blood vessel, the wall of the vessel giving way would feel like a 'plop' as the blood escaped and pooled, this would also explain the blueness. Go to a doctor ASAP and have it looked at.

Scott on 3/17/99 at 00:00 (005611)

It sounds like your fascia may have detached from your heel. This has happened to at least 2 other visitors to this site. 1,000 mg of vitamin C with every meal or more to help it heal. Stay off your feet as much as possible. Use tape as I've shown. See an orthopeadic doctor ASAP. Immediately. Call their office and convince them it's an emergency so that you can get in soon.