Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in the arch, not heel!

Posted by Sally on 3/19/99 at 00:00 (005638)

After a hi/lo aerobics class a week ago, the arch of my right foot was very uncomfortable and tingly. I saw an orthoopedic surgeon, who diagnosed this a PF. I have no heel pain at all, still the off and on tingling, and the arch is still slightly painful. When I feel the fasci it is laced with bumps, Walking feels OK but afterwards (after a mile or two) when I return, the foot is uncomfortable. I am a very active person!! Help! The doctor was kind of vague about what I should/shouldnot do - does anyone recommend seeing a podiatrist? Would the stationary bicyle be advisable? What kind of orthotics (over the counter or prescriptive) make the most sense? Looking forward to hearing from fellow sufferers!

Re: Pain in the arch, not heel!

linda on 3/23/99 at 00:00 (005725)

Hi, I suggest you keep reading these posted messages everyone is so helpful here.
I was told my arch has done the same thing but the doctor says that it would go away but i dont think so so far. I have bought over the counter inserts for my shoe with arch support but its not the same as a specialized made one. I am going to buy birkinstock sandles tommorrow and also the inserts for my other shoes i will have to let you know how I do after that but i have tried my friends birks and love the support they give my feet.

make sure to exercise you feet everyday.

Re: Pain in the arch, not heel!

linda on 3/23/99 at 00:00 (005725)

Hi, I suggest you keep reading these posted messages everyone is so helpful here.
I was told my arch has done the same thing but the doctor says that it would go away but i dont think so so far. I have bought over the counter inserts for my shoe with arch support but its not the same as a specialized made one. I am going to buy birkinstock sandles tommorrow and also the inserts for my other shoes i will have to let you know how I do after that but i have tried my friends birks and love the support they give my feet.

make sure to exercise you feet everyday.