Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PT and plantar facitis

Posted by maureen on 3/19/99 at 00:00 (005648)

I just had my first PT session yesterday for pf, which included massage. My feet were pretty sore about an hour afterward and continue to feel tender and sore. Is this normal?

Re: PT and plantar facitis

Michelle on 3/19/99 at 00:00 (005656)

I had the same problem after having PT. Right after PT my feet would hurt for a few hours. My first couple of treatments made my feet hurt so bad that I thought about not going back. I then talked to a few people and they said it was normal. I went to PT for about 8 weeks and my right foot was 'cured' while the left foot didn't get much better. I hope that you get good results w/PT. Good Luck.

Jane on 3/22/99 at 00:00 (005702)

Be careful with the PT. I know it really helps some people but I was not one of the lucky ones. I spent 6 weeks in PT twice a week and went from a foot that hurt to a foot that I couldn't even hobble on. In short, the PT made it worse instead of better! I hope it works for you. Good luck!

Michelle on 3/19/99 at 00:00 (005656)

I had the same problem after having PT. Right after PT my feet would hurt for a few hours. My first couple of treatments made my feet hurt so bad that I thought about not going back. I then talked to a few people and they said it was normal. I went to PT for about 8 weeks and my right foot was 'cured' while the left foot didn't get much better. I hope that you get good results w/PT. Good Luck.

Jane on 3/22/99 at 00:00 (005702)

Be careful with the PT. I know it really helps some people but I was not one of the lucky ones. I spent 6 weeks in PT twice a week and went from a foot that hurt to a foot that I couldn't even hobble on. In short, the PT made it worse instead of better! I hope it works for you. Good luck!