Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Vitamin C is working

Posted by Alicia on 3/20/99 at 00:00 (005659)

At the risk of sounding delirious, I want to tell you all that I have been taking 3-4000 mg of vitamin C for 2-3 weeks and I have some relief. It is not a cure, but makes the PF manageable. I have continued to wear my custom orthotics, ice when needed and stretch at least twice a day and massage. This regimen has allowed me to go shopping this week, work out in the yard for several hours, do laundry and basically have a life. I bless Gordon for sharing his info with us. I know it may not work for everyone, but I am having some success with it. Please try it, it can't hurt.

Re: Vitamin C is working

laurie on 3/20/99 at 00:00 (005660)

you can bet, i will try it...

removing the ice pack for an hour or so.. off i go, to find much vitamin C.

thanks!

GORDON on 3/20/99 at 00:00 (005672)

Alicia

This is just the start. 3 weeks is nothing. It takes several months of high Vit C, daily aerobic activity, positive mental thinking, low stress, and happy times and you may actually become totally pain free. And then you've got to keep it going for ever.

Look at the trends from what you read on Scott's page. People that maintain a high level of exercise (non-wieght bearing) seem to do better. Mental attitude highly impacts your bodies ability to heel.

I think I've had PF nearly as bad as anyone of I've read about and I've made it manageable.

So, even if you have some set backs, don't stop the aerobic activity. Be determined to beat it. You have no choice really.
If you can't get your mental state up buy one of those positve thinking tapes and listen to it in the car (over and over again until the ideas become habbit). I highly recommend Brain Tracies ' THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ACHIEVEMENT' tapes.

I was moving furniture from one house to another yesterday and got sore feet back a little. I iced right away and then kept motion and excercise going and I was moving furniture again the today. THIS CAN BE BEAT! My advice to everyone is ..don't let the sad stories make it seem hopless or it will be.

One other thing, keep a record of your diet, activities, mood, relatioship problem streses, etc. You may notice trends of food etc that agrivate the situation.

I've noticed that when I ate more fruit and vegetables and less protein I feel better. When I have a really heavy workout in the morning(non weight bearing) I feel great all day long.

THe idea of taking a pill and making yourself healthy is a problem with the modern world. THere will never be such a pill. It is a combination of many things and the pill can only be part of the solution.

I will repost my recipe for making this thing manageble below if others need it.

laurie on 3/20/99 at 00:00 (005660)

you can bet, i will try it...

removing the ice pack for an hour or so.. off i go, to find much vitamin C.

thanks!

GORDON on 3/20/99 at 00:00 (005672)

Alicia

This is just the start. 3 weeks is nothing. It takes several months of high Vit C, daily aerobic activity, positive mental thinking, low stress, and happy times and you may actually become totally pain free. And then you've got to keep it going for ever.

Look at the trends from what you read on Scott's page. People that maintain a high level of exercise (non-wieght bearing) seem to do better. Mental attitude highly impacts your bodies ability to heel.

I think I've had PF nearly as bad as anyone of I've read about and I've made it manageable.

So, even if you have some set backs, don't stop the aerobic activity. Be determined to beat it. You have no choice really.
If you can't get your mental state up buy one of those positve thinking tapes and listen to it in the car (over and over again until the ideas become habbit). I highly recommend Brain Tracies ' THE PSYCHOLOGY OF ACHIEVEMENT' tapes.

I was moving furniture from one house to another yesterday and got sore feet back a little. I iced right away and then kept motion and excercise going and I was moving furniture again the today. THIS CAN BE BEAT! My advice to everyone is ..don't let the sad stories make it seem hopless or it will be.

One other thing, keep a record of your diet, activities, mood, relatioship problem streses, etc. You may notice trends of food etc that agrivate the situation.

I've noticed that when I ate more fruit and vegetables and less protein I feel better. When I have a really heavy workout in the morning(non weight bearing) I feel great all day long.

THe idea of taking a pill and making yourself healthy is a problem with the modern world. THere will never be such a pill. It is a combination of many things and the pill can only be part of the solution.

I will repost my recipe for making this thing manageble below if others need it.