Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heelspurs.com gets noticed

Posted by scott on 3/20/99 at 00:00 (005674)

Yahoo's Internet Life magazine (readership about 500,000) had an article on 2 of my sites this month:

Preserving Soles (and Souls)

Scott Roberts wants to heal both. The 32-year-old electrical engineer hosts two ambitious and worthy sites, albeit on strikingly different subjects. HEELSPURS.COM provides information and informal treatment advice for chronic heel pain, a condition from which Roberts has long suffered. He's had more than a thousand people fill out a survey about the ailment, and even had three surfers show up at his house to ask for help in person. Meanwhile, when Roberts isn't toeing the line on that site, he's tending to another home page, the NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES site. It encourages those who believe that they have had an NDE to share their stories, which makes for some dramatic reading. To Roberts's credit, he prints copious information about the NDE phenomenon, and he also cites the work of skeptics who question whether there is some mystical way station between here and wherever. Roberts, who says he built the site as an intellectual exercise, still isn't sure on which side his own beliefs fall. 'NDEs are at once emotionally profound and intellectually impossible,' he says. 'It's like Captain Kirk and Spock having an argument about intuition vs. logic.'

Re: heelspurs.com gets noticed

jill on 3/22/99 at 00:00 (005711)

Scott,
I have to tell you I have been so depressed about this off and on for the last few months - using your website has helped tremendously - from getting ideas for new treatments to try - to just realizing I am not alone.

You're doing us all a huge service and I am sure I speak for every PF sufferer visiting this site. My gratitude to you and all who share their information here.

Carol on 3/22/99 at 00:00 (005715)

I too would like to thank you all for all of the helpful information you have offered and to Scott for creating this site. I happened upon the site by accident after I finally put a name to this dang PF that I have suffered from for the last 6 months. My husband and I suffered a devastating financial loss two years ago and the stress caused my weight to balloon up. I'm sure that is what caused it. Anyway, I have been unable to afford to go to a doctor and had no idea what to do about it. I certainly could not afford a doctor visit, a podiatrist visit and $400 custom orthotics. I have read every message on this board and all of the information that Scott has posted and I have tried several of the ideas and you know what---I think it is getting better. For the first time in 6 months I have had about three days of relatively pain free days. I think the stretching before I get out of bed in the morning is MOST crucial to keep it from retearing every day. I hang my heels off of the step to stretch several times a day. I also have been wearing an elastic Futuro ankle brace (to support my arch until my Birks arrive). I have been taking the Vit C and Glucosamine every day and now that my back is up against the wall, I have started a serious diet. I have such empathy for those of you who have been suffering for so long. Good luck to you all.

jill on 3/22/99 at 00:00 (005711)

Scott,
I have to tell you I have been so depressed about this off and on for the last few months - using your website has helped tremendously - from getting ideas for new treatments to try - to just realizing I am not alone.

You're doing us all a huge service and I am sure I speak for every PF sufferer visiting this site. My gratitude to you and all who share their information here.

Carol on 3/22/99 at 00:00 (005715)

I too would like to thank you all for all of the helpful information you have offered and to Scott for creating this site. I happened upon the site by accident after I finally put a name to this dang PF that I have suffered from for the last 6 months. My husband and I suffered a devastating financial loss two years ago and the stress caused my weight to balloon up. I'm sure that is what caused it. Anyway, I have been unable to afford to go to a doctor and had no idea what to do about it. I certainly could not afford a doctor visit, a podiatrist visit and $400 custom orthotics. I have read every message on this board and all of the information that Scott has posted and I have tried several of the ideas and you know what---I think it is getting better. For the first time in 6 months I have had about three days of relatively pain free days. I think the stretching before I get out of bed in the morning is MOST crucial to keep it from retearing every day. I hang my heels off of the step to stretch several times a day. I also have been wearing an elastic Futuro ankle brace (to support my arch until my Birks arrive). I have been taking the Vit C and Glucosamine every day and now that my back is up against the wall, I have started a serious diet. I have such empathy for those of you who have been suffering for so long. Good luck to you all.