Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thanks so much!

Posted by Rebecca on 3/24/99 at 00:00 (005749)

thank you all that answered my post so much. I started icing my feet again last night. I told myself that if i want to get better i need to make it happen. It won't on it's own. And if that means that my dear husband has to walk the dog on both shifts then so be it. I think i'll go to another doctor and ask for orthontics. I just wonder if my insurance will pay. It's a really horrible one. More like an HMO if the truth be told. I'll also try the vitamin C.

Thanks again for your support! It's amazing that i'm not alone with this. When you limp into your office like a grandma and tell those that ask it's painful feet you get an odd look. Tell them it's your knee, ankles or hip and someone will pull a chair up for you. Go figure! :) I just don't want this continuing for the rest of my life.

See ya later!

Rebecca

Re: Thanks so much!

Alicia on 3/24/99 at 00:00 (005755)

Rebecca - Most insurance companies will pay for the first set of orthotics. Check into it, and I wish you luck - try to get the cork/leather (soft material) orthotics as opposed to the 'rigid' orthotics that are made out of hard plastic. I tried both and the rigid didn't help at all. The physical therapist who made mine has worked with National League football players and helped many with their foot problems.

Re: Thanks so much!

Alicia on 3/24/99 at 00:00 (005755)

Rebecca - Most insurance companies will pay for the first set of orthotics. Check into it, and I wish you luck - try to get the cork/leather (soft material) orthotics as opposed to the 'rigid' orthotics that are made out of hard plastic. I tried both and the rigid didn't help at all. The physical therapist who made mine has worked with National League football players and helped many with their foot problems.