Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"Midsubstance Pain"

Posted by Ira Yedlin on 3/25/99 at 00:00 (005759)

I have been diagnosed with midsubstance PF (pain in middle of arch but none in heel). Has anyone had this problem and what therapies were helpful?

Re: "Midsubstance Pain"

Irene on 3/27/99 at 00:00 (005790)

Ira,
This sounds like what I have. Pain in the arch, none in the heel, and not worse in the morning.
Sorry to say, I've found nothing that helps. I'm anxious to hear the results of the ossotron double-blind study.
Good luck.
Irene

Helene on 3/27/99 at 00:00 (005797)

I have arch pain, no heel pain, and the pain is the least in the morning. It worsens as the day goes on. I found that deep massaging the arch helps somewhat.

Bruce on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005810)

Ira, I have the same arch pain as Irene and Helen and have experienced this problem for years . I have had three pair of custom orthotics and have had no relief other than the relief that of massage gives(which has relly helped). I am going to ask my pod about midsubstance pain. Good Luck, Bruce

janet on 4/02/99 at 00:00 (005958)

I too suffer from midarch foot pain. Nothing, short of sitting in a wheel chair, has helped. Let me know if you guys hit on anything that works.

Irene on 3/27/99 at 00:00 (005790)

Ira,
This sounds like what I have. Pain in the arch, none in the heel, and not worse in the morning.
Sorry to say, I've found nothing that helps. I'm anxious to hear the results of the ossotron double-blind study.
Good luck.
Irene

Helene on 3/27/99 at 00:00 (005797)

I have arch pain, no heel pain, and the pain is the least in the morning. It worsens as the day goes on. I found that deep massaging the arch helps somewhat.

Bruce on 3/29/99 at 00:00 (005810)

Ira, I have the same arch pain as Irene and Helen and have experienced this problem for years . I have had three pair of custom orthotics and have had no relief other than the relief that of massage gives(which has relly helped). I am going to ask my pod about midsubstance pain. Good Luck, Bruce

janet on 4/02/99 at 00:00 (005958)

I too suffer from midarch foot pain. Nothing, short of sitting in a wheel chair, has helped. Let me know if you guys hit on anything that works.